Dragons Bf 110 piece by piece

Pitbiker

Guest canuck63
Cool- Too Bad I do not read German!

THOR :rolleyes:

THOR...do you remember when you were 4 and you used to look at the pictures you would find in books?Well.....the same applies here :P <_< !The problem is....CDs aplenty on the less interesting items/aircraft,but if you need the "Ersatzteile"(spare parts) book on,say,the Dora,you have to part company with the better part of your bankroll!On the other hand...I've spent nearly a grand on books on the Dora,but I'd saved a lot and got much better references ponying up €200 for the fore-mentioned book!I've got excerpts from it and they're the best refs needed as long as superdetailing is concerned,and the likes of Rojas Bazan use these books!

The saddest part is that I had found a whole collection of these volumes (about 20 originals and on the 190s,109s,Ju87s,He111 aso and related weapons,engines and various systems!!!!!!)at a militaria show a few years ago,whose asking price wasn't high by any means,being €2500...it sold in a blink and I couldn't even buy a page having spent all my money on a German helmet just a few minutes before seeing those books on the vendor's table ;) !

Cheers

Manny

Guest canuck63

Pitbiker,

you're doing a hell of a job on your 110 <_< ...and please excuse me for hijacking your thread :rolleyes:!

By the way...are you sure you want to use hot wax as a substitute for putty and the likes?It's greasy and no paint will ever adere to it...ask me how I know!Of course...if you're going to take molds of those parts to replicate them in resin then it's ok!

Cheers

Manny

Hi canuck

Yes, I used hot wax!

Here's a link to the equipment and growing.

http://www.rai-ro.de/katalog/seite6.htm

I use it to fill or modelieren of small parts. You can then drag it as filler, it's just a lot faster and does not cost so much energy

The areas will paint with a soft cloth in front of that which is pressed with silicone remover, degreases.

Happy modeling

Guest canuck63
Hi canuck

Yes, I used hot wax!

Here's a link to the equipment and growing.

http://www.rai-ro.de/katalog/seite6.htm

I use it to fill or modelieren of small parts. You can then drag it as filler, it's just a lot faster and does not cost so much energy

The areas will paint with a soft cloth in front of that which is pressed with silicone remover, degreases.

Happy modeling

Hi Pitbiker,

thanks a lot for the link...that's great!Wax is a great filler and it can be smoothed with no effort but are you sure that silicone remover(a good degreaser per se) would 100% get rid of its greasiness?Just curios becaus I'm following your thread with GREAT interest...you're doing a very,very nice detailing job!

Cheers

Manny

Sorry have a lot to work on and I'm researching for the cockpit and the defensive stand.

There are big differences between versions of the C-2>C-4, C-7, D-0> E.

Meantime have also been lakiert share. Photos and I try to update soon deliver.

Thank you for your interest

Pitbiker

looks like a great build. perhaps one detial would be appriciated..the Bf 110 C had MG FF drums that was painted with a white line around it.. this i know from a fact after digging up a downed Bf 110 C-0 a few years ago..this might not go on all MG FF drums but two drums found in that wreck had white lines on them..

its seen clearly on the picture

GF

post-5311-1227751533.jpg

Thank you Guttorm,

for the image and Info, which was new for me.

Suppose that the white tie was a hint of what was for Ammunition type was Taped.

What struck me is! Dragon says it is not well with the Gunner, they gave him with no breathing apparatus where.

As the breathing device looks like you can on the cool side

http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/archiv/Do...2/Dokumente.htm

A = Atemgeräte after beat and even download

Guttorm, look at J = Junkers Flugzeugwerke A.G after, perhaps even what you'll find new on the Ju 88

Greeting

Peter

Glad you liked the info

I guess you are right about the ammo type connected to the colour on the Mg FF drums. I have looked into the website you mention and i have all those handbuch in originals but again thanks :P

and about the 110 gunner..we found two oxygenregulators when we did the 110 dig.. so that means that both had that ( we also found both oxygenmasks.. included some not so nice items..where the oxygenmask is attach to when in use )

Guttorm