Spitfire Mk.I/II

Looking good there Nick, know how you feel about the paint ridge, happens to me all the time, but mine aren't commission builds.

If you have a spare decal then I would just sand it down, or if not do as Kev suggests cut it down with a scalpel. But if you do that you will have to "patch" the roundel, in which case it may be easier to sand and paint the roundel back on, it's only two colours, but then you would have to paint the other one as well.

So the spare decal route is the way to go, if you need one give me a shout.

Cheers

Den

Ok. I lifted the decal off with tape, but still need to find the kit with the replacement in..

In the meantime, I gave the rest of the kit a panel wash, and added the exhausts and undercarraige.

It sits 3mm higher on the port side, so I may have to take that out (why did I use superglue?) and trim it off. Or maybe not.

_D9O8190.jpg

Have just painted the gunsight, and once that's dry, it'll go in, and the windshield will go on.

More to follow.

Cheers,

Nick

(Oh, the move's not happening as we made a decision the in-laws wouldn't work. We re-negociated something with the landlord, which will hopefully still happen, so for the moment, we stay put).

• 3 weeks later...
Here's the second of the large scale kits I'm building for a GB over on Britmodeller.

The Revell 1/32nd Spitfire (with the Hasegawa wings).

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks a lot, really. As if I didn’t already have too many models on my mind, I have now dragged this kit out of the stash and have brought it to work to play with. I’ll probably get fired; I hope you’re pleased with yourself. :rolleyes:

Kevin