Sea Fury

Thanks Gentlemen! :blink:

Edgar,

is it possible, that it were no drop tanks like in the WW2? Perhaps they were fix mounted. I´m not sure...

Cheers,

Chris

Chris,

I've just been watching some film, from Korean operations, and the fuel tanks were wheeled out, to the aircraft, one at a time, on a sort of sackbarrow. I'm beginning to come to the idea that they were filled, then lifted up onto the wing pylons.

Edgar

Although possible, that's not likely. A filled drop tank has to weigh hundreds of pounds and would take at least 4 strong men to wrestle it out of the barrow and attach and it would be a very unsafe way to do it. A hydraulic lift could be used but that would negate the need of the barrow. Edgar, you were probably right with your first idea that they would be attached empty and filled at the same time as the mains. Without visible filler ports on the tanks, that's the only explanation that makes sense.

That looks super Chris! So neat and clean, and the paint work is flawless. It would look great finished just as it is, without weathering, but I know you'll do a great job with that too.

Kev

Today i want to show you the ongoing masking story...

I made some copys of the decal sheet on paper, put the copy into a clear foil bag and attached some low adhesive masking foil above the needed decal.

046-1.jpg

Then i cut out what was needed.

047-1.jpg

048-1.jpg

The masks were attached to the model.

049-1.jpg

And now, ready for paint!

050-1.jpg

More will follow by the weekend i thing. Stay tuned B)

Cheers,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

HI Looking better all the time. Great Job

I was just wondering if you thought this kit could be built as a air racer since it seems to be lacking in many areas? Also is it worth the $50.00 there asking at the LHS?

Texas :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks Ron & Texas! <_<

@ Ron:

Yes that are the decals. i made a copy of them on regular paper on my printer, just to roduce the masks.

@ Texas:

There is a spinner at Fisher´s availabel with 4 blades for a Reno Racer. If you want, you could put the model on a stick "in flight" and that would look very cool as a racer i think. 50$? Hmm, well, got it for 40$ at Sprue Brothers. Have a look there.

Cheers,

Chris

@ Texas:

There is a spinner at Fisher´s availabel with 4 blades for a Reno Racer. If you want, you could put the model on a stick "in flight" and that would look very cool as a racer i think. 50$? Hmm, well, got it for 40$ at Sprue Brothers. Have a look there.

Cheers,

Chris

HI Thanks Chris Not sure what I will do yet but you give me an idea.

Texas <_< :unsure: :blink: