Trumpeter 1/32 A-10

gunpowder

After finishing 2 commission builds i have been building this for a relaxing break. I bought the A-10 , Verlinden cockpit set , Cutting edge detail set Quickboost seat (fantastic!) and decals. The cockpit was the only one in stock and i have used the Cutting edge cockpit before but i must admit that the Verlinden one is actually very good. The tub fitted straight in with no trouble. Here it is so far. The dial glass is a little milky as it hasnt quite dryed out yet.

This may be a bit of an on off project for a while as i have a Full stack 1/72 Shuttle commission to do in the Moonraker scheme!

Hog01.jpg

hog02.jpg

hog03.jpg

That's an outstanding office!

Ian apparently talked Texas and me into getting this kit... I'll be paying special attention to your build.

What color did you use for that very cool green on the instruments and HUD? It's very convincing.

Heres a little more progress. Heres the APU intake and exhaust from the cutting edge set

hog04.jpg

hog05.jpg

GPS bulge gone!

hog06.jpg

Overall so far

hog07.jpg

Finally heres the Quickboost seat. I have misplaced the center firing handle.

hog08.jpg

hog09.jpg

HI Looking very very nice. Just wondering about the seat. Did you not like the Verlinden seat or did the cockpit not come with one? Also wondering are you doing a early or late Hog? What paint sceam?

Excuse if I am being to nosey but I have one I plan on building and I have the CE pit, detail set and decals for the sharkmouth hog from England AFB.

Texas :P :) :D

HI Looking very very nice. Just wondering about the seat. Did you not like the Verlinden seat or did the cockpit not come with one? Also wondering are you doing a early or late Hog? What paint sceam?

Excuse if I am being to nosey but I have one I plan on building and I have the CE pit, detail set and decals for the sharkmouth hog from England AFB.

Texas :P :) :D

I was being lazy. The verlinden seat had seperate straps and belts. The Quickboost one was ready to paint!

Im going for an early sharkmouthed one.

Hi,

This is insane :rolleyes: . That pit is an absolute work of art. I really like the way you used Tam clear green. I just had this kit delivered, I haven't ordered the extra parts for it as yet as I am on with a Tam F4E.

Which Squadron will you be depicting for the Gulf?

I am definately going to be watching for progress on this one, truely great start, thanks for sharing.

Thanks

Ian :rolleyes:

Hi,

This is insane ;) . That pit is an absolute work of art. I really like the way you used Tam clear green. I just had this kit delivered, I haven't ordered the extra parts for it as yet as I am on with a Tam F4E.

Which Squadron will you be depicting for the Gulf?

I am definately going to be watching for progress on this one, truely great start, thanks for sharing.

Thanks

Ian :P

Thanks! I cant remember the squadron without getting the decals out. It has a Chromate Green tail with a sticking plaster on it!

Made a little more progress on it. Engines and tailplane are on , filled and sanded. Tail fins are just pushed on and have has the LASTE mods removed. You can see the cutting edge exhaust nozzles too. The seat is just rested in at the moment. I need to add some noseweight now. Any ideas on how much ? I dont trust the instructions!

hog010.jpg

hog011.jpg

hog012.jpg