More Mustang Mania...

Ironwing

Ok, so there are more than just Mustangs. Really? :ph34r: Anyway, here we go again. I have lots of Mustang parts via the last one that still resides in a state of ruble in the shop. Having said this, and not having enough sense to listen to all the gripes about the Dragon kit, Im having another go at it. Ive looked at the Dragon kit, we know it has issues but so does the Hasegawa kit. I think between the two of them, there is an accurate Mustang to be had. The landing gear in the Dragon kit is worth the price in itself.

Overall the two kits are very close in outline. Had Dragon not gone rivet / panel line nuts it would have smoked the Hasegawa kit with the exception of the nose and a few other minor things. Ive spent some time studying (again) photos and the last Mustang project and find much room for improvement; more specifically in the panel scribing and fastener detail applied to my last attempt. I can fix that. I do however have a couple of questions Im hoping the Mustang folks can help with.

I. Does anyone have a copy of the nose cross section formers ?

II. Detail photos or E&M drawings of the forward ventral bypass door found just behind the belly air intake? I think the Dragon kit has it done correctly, from what I can see, in a Squadron Publication I have. I just want to be sure.

Many thanks in advance...

Geoff

The photo -recon version of the 'stang(F-5?) due out sometime before we die, I hope. I thought I saw that here...Dragon is re-tooling the 1/32 'stang. which given their track record with armor tanky things, is no surprise.

I think, somehow, the intent of the question has been lost... :)

In any event, thanks Charles, the link you supplied was new to me and of interest. The comment "delicately molded wing panel lines caught my attention B). " They'll never learn...

Geoff

Ooohhh...that Stang is classic looking and stripped bare. Nice panel woork by the looks on the RHS. Going to be a show car? Original restoration or a rod?

Sweet :rolleyes:

Cheers Maty

Actually, a little of all. I want to retain the originality of the 60's with a little creature comforts of the modern era. I'm keeping the exterior all original except rims and tires, original style seat covers on modern seats, an indash heating/dehumidified A/C system, power windows and I'm still trying to decide if I should go FI or Carb. Leaning towards an aftermarket FI system that looks like an old school carb/intake set up. Engine will be a modern 5.0 roller set up with aluminum heads and a 5 speed manual tranny. I've upgraded the rear with a 9" 4:11 with disc brakes.

But the wife just got accepted to Grad School, so the GT is on the back burner for another 3 years :angry: