Me109's at last

bcauchi

Remember this other guy? I have stopped working on the old revell model for now. i cannot do more work on the fuselage so next step in that direction is the wings. In the meantime, here is the Revell G4 being converted to the G6AS. the nose section has already been built up and i have now started putting in the necessary corrections to the nose section. These include, repositioning the circular opening on the nose ring. It is now higher.

post-915-1169453176.jpg

Whew...I thought you were leaving something out on the top of that cowling Brian :lol: I really like the repositioning of the scoop and oil filler acces panel.Great attention to detail! It's a lot of fun watching your projects Brian.Keep up the great work my friend...cheers

...Hmmm...Zimmrit for aircraft cowlings, I'd not thought about that one... :lol:

Beautful workmanship Brian. Looks like you have won this particular challege, and, I must add, with some style.

Derek

Whew...I thought you were leaving something out on the top of that cowling Brian :lol: I really like the repositioning of the scoop and oil filler acces panel.Great attention to detail! It's a lot of fun watching your projects Brian.Keep up the great work my friend...cheers

Time for another update. This side of the cowl is finally done. Here are some pics of the air intake which I modified from the one found in the old Revell kit. This was conveniently way oversized so this allowed me to resand and reshape it to size since the AS model had the larger supercharger and hence, the larger sized intake. I however had to put in a plastic fillet to obtain the necessary size of the opening.

post-915-1169794031.jpg

Also some minor scribing which remained ot be done and reshaping of the edge above th exhaust opening. The yellow paint is just there to allow me to quickly see whether the joints are properly sanded. Why yellow? That was the closest tin of paint at the time.

post-915-1169794144.jpg