MC 200

Thanks Guy's, Erwin, I'm flattered, but I had alot of practice and I guess most people around here would do it easily!

By the way, when will you start airbrushing my friend? Its REALLY so fun!

Ended up painting the underside fachias as well....was quite easy cause I was able to reuse the upperwing mask.

Started to work on the canopy...In my opinion the weakest spot of this model. The canopy is a vacuformed thingy very very thin. I discarded the side pieces and made my own using printers plastic (for the windows) plastic sheet for the inside and aluminium can for the out side.

post-912-1156001459.jpg

Superb job on the painted roundels?! (or whatever the Italian equivalent was called) Gustav, really neat. I think they look much better than decals, and if you've gone this far to do them, why not go the whole hog and have a bash at the underside ones too.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words! Sorry it took me so long to replie, real life sometimes gets the better of me...

The bird is finished, and waiting to be tucked away in the glass case.

As Piet and Mike had pointed out , the LG was quite a hassal. The tires needed more then a bit of sanding, but works out alright. I was pretty lucky, having strongly glued the tire halves before reading Piets article :)

post-912-1158689633.jpg

Also sweated trying to get the engine cowl to sit still. OOB it fits just fine, but my modified exhausts gave me trouble ( actually nothing was changed on the kit's pipes, I addded a small exhaust on either side and this was the cause of my afore mentioned headaches).

I'm trying (very hard) to write an article for our favorite site, so heres a sneak preview of the finished bird

post-912-1158690754.jpg