MC 200

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Gustave;

That is some serious dedication there in taking everything off and starting again. I liked the idea with the uhu tak and I was pretty impressed with the result you had, but only you can be the final judge on your own model. Good luck with the next go, although I doubt you will need it. I think you will manage it no problems!

Cheers mate,

Jay

Guys, Thanks for your kind words, they really help me not just stuffing the bird back in the box!

The verde mimetico went on well and I've started spraying the eggs. I'm doing them slowly and its coming along nicely, although it'll take some time as the paint is very thined. Pics as soon as I'm done.

...what type / brand of paint are you using ?

I'm painting with acrylic Lifecolor, though I'm not sure weather enamel might have been a better choice...to late now!

Cheers

Gv

Hi Gustave,

I really admire the way you're approaching the painting....you're not giving up until you get it right. Great appraoch, great dedication! From your last photos the way you're building up the colors is very impressive. Stay with it.

I'm pretty darn happy with the result, even more to finally be able to carry on!!

Since I was so happy and feeling in confidence, I decided to spray on the markings and the groups symbol (is that right?).

First I scanned the decal sheet, opened it up in Photoshop and turned the parts I would be needing into black and white. Then I printed a copy to know where they would be located on the paper. Once this was done, I put some masking tape on that place, printed it again. Now all I had to do was separate the masking tape from the paper and cutaway at my new masks...

For the group symbol, I'll only be doing the blue background with the black outline, the inner drawing will be the boxes decal (kind of complex to do by hand). I'm also wondering if I should also do the wing symbols.....?

Heres the group emblem

post-912-1155582981.jpg