1/32 Mk5b Spitfire the saga continues

post-10-1164569938.jpgHej guys! The saga continues.... but I have finally reached the end of this journey.... and fully enjoyed it! This Spitfire project has been a long time in the works.. and represents many milestones for me one being the full scribing of a model.... the construction on my lathe of gun barrels and casting of them... and my first british subject! I am very happy and would like to share the following photos with you all!!

Many thanks to all who helped me... Brian Cauchi, Edgar Brooks and the rest of the gang here at LSP!!

Cheers and enjoy...

Alan :)

post-10-1164569962.jpg

I wanted to dirty the belly up a bit more... but I thought that it was good enough as it is.. http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/blink.gif

Well... I will send in a few more photos for the update section later.... I am so happy to be finshed this bird... I really did enjoy building her! I always wanted a Spitfire Mk5b... and now I have one! I have learned so much from all the guys here at LSP.. and wish to thank everybody for their contributions, advice and sharing of their time and talents!

Now on to the mighty Stuka.... (she too is almost finshed!)

Cheers

Alan http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/cool.gif

P.s I really am in love with those sexy lines of the Spitfire... what a beauty! http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif

Before I forget.... being so long in the build does pay off sometimes... I switched from the MDC exhausts to the recenly released Quickboost ones and am very happy! The riveting was completed with the Rosie the riveter tool and the MDC rivet tool for the larger fasteners! The stenciling is Hobby Decal dry transfers.... I thouroughly belive in two systems for realism.... Montex masks and the Hobby decal dry transfers!!

Edited by alaninaustria

Alan,

What can I say?, this Spitfire is absolutely beautiful. In fact, I thought that it was 1/24th scale at first sight (I had to recheck that it was, in fact, 1/32 scale). The detail work and finish is esquisite. I particularly like the flaps, especially the flap indicator. I have even managed to dig my Spitfire kit out again for a short while, so your example shall be an inspiration for me. Well done Alan on producing a truely exceptional Spitfire model.

Derek

Hi Alan,

Like Derek, and notwithstanding the title of this thread, I was convinced I was looking at a 24th scale model, right up to the picture where you're holding it in your hand, when it dawned on me that either you have a huge mitt, or I'd got the scale wrong. An interesting question is why your model creates that impression. I'd say it's probably a combination of expert assembly, very fine detailing that doesn't call attention to itself but contributes to an overall feel, restrained weathering AND a nice tight sheen which imparts that hard-to-achieve painted metal look. Beautifully done Alan. This thread now joins Andy B's as a source of continuing inspiration to me.

Schöne Grüsse aus Wien,

Jean