Unsurprisingly another dumb arsed question...

Vernon

Before I load up my airbrush, how do you clean the airbrush after using Future?

I know it's a silly question, but it doesn't say on the bottle and the modeling fairy god-mother and both the elves seem to be on hols.

Ammonia will cut 'Future' floor finish and should be useful in cleaning your airbrush. It can also be used to remove Future from your model if you are not satisfied with how that canopy dried, etc. Test your products at hand to be sure the results are what you want.

HTM

Vernon, I keep a spare bottle of Windex handy after each paint or future I put through. My airbrush works heap's better after a spray of the windex.

It wasn't my idea but I heard it on LSP a while back...top tip

cheers Matty

PS Windex contains a little Ammonia

I use a product that's available in Australia called "Isocol" to clean up my airbrush after Future. I think it contains alcohol or some other potent spirit, but it works really well. Dunno if you can get it elsewhere in the world though? :lol:

Admittedly, I've got a really crappy airbrush that's only capable of a wide spray area due to a bent needle, but this Isocol stuff cleans it all up nicely.

Cheers

Ango

I use a product that's available in Australia called "Isocol" to clean up my airbrush after Future. I think it contains alcohol or some other potent spirit, but it works really well. Dunno if you can get it elsewhere in the world though? :lol:

Yep thats the rubbing alcohol...

Love this thread...Ill be getting into the airbrushing craziness on the weekend

Do you realise how much credibility shopping like this loses you with your missus?

I need some stuff for the model love, Windex and Future...

Floor polish and window wipe, Aircraft Modelling the manliest of activities!! :blink: :D :D

Thanks for the help boys!

Household cleaning ammonia is just fine for cleaning/removing Future.It's about 2% NH3 by volume.The human nose can detect ammonia at 3ppm(parts per million).Anything stronger than this is not needed for your AB and is kinda dangerous.I work with 29% Aqueous NH3 almost every day and it is nothing to play around with.Vapor will burn skin,eyes,mucous membranes,and lungs.Actually kills you by blocking all your oxygen portals in your lungs because the molecule is so big.

Hey!Just some fun facts about stuff we all have! :lol:

Rick

Hi Vernon,

Good info' lads...taking the general concensus that Amonnia based products work best, and Jay's original Badgers spray suggestion (taken in the strippey animal sense), then I see the connection! :lol:

Cheers

Derek