He-162 Salamander

PietvWdV

Thanx for the words guys :lol:

Stepping away from the cockpit turned out to be a bit like pulling the chocks. Even with pacing myself, I wound up doing a lot today. I left the outside untouched, except so far for a drilled out air vent. This is really an odd looking little plane , isn't it?

Thanx for looking!

post-906-1150933759.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

Piet, this model is coming along incredibly! I am loving watching this come along, even though I have been slightly distracted recently and busy. Your pilot is great, and I love the cockpit. For a model that was meant to bo OOB you have certainly added your fair share of incredibly done scratch detail. Nice one mate.

Cheers mate,

Jay

You did a great job on the pilot Piet. The mask looked especially good. So much great scratchbuilding in this kit.

Looking forward to seeing you paint it. Email in bound

Cheers Matty

Thanx for the encouragement my friends!

Matt, I am so glad you are here, I look forward to your mail. I want to desperately discuss my abject hurricanelessness with you, as well as a Revi 16 for Klausi. BTW, I have reconsidered the MDC route, and think I will be doing it.

I installed the lizard's belly today, complete with navel. Some cleaning up still to do here, but you can see the result.

post-906-1150989619.jpg

Here is a mock up of the final aim. The brass tube fits snugly into the aluminium navel. The navel is tapered off at the top to prohibit twisting. The nose down attitude is just for the mock-up, in the end the kite will be more level, and the stand slanted backwards.

post-906-1150989832.jpg

A view from the back. I think this shows why I wanted to build this plane in flight. It is a different creature than with wheels down and panels open. Not to knock Klaus' or the other excellent lizards here (I will do a wheels down one someday, I already have the extra kit), but in flight she really looks herself to me.

Thanx for looking guys!

post-906-1150990398.jpg

looking very good. now you are ahead of my build...

i recommend to putty the geardoors and rescribe the panelline straight. this should not be too much work but will enhance tha acuraty of the plane. if you dont know what i mean, check here.

cheers klaus

Very slick, Piet; it looks like it'll go like greased lighning... And I think you nailed the eyes; they have a look of determined optimism to them...

Jimbo

• 3 weeks later...

This is the part that is taking some time. Closing the canopy. I had to remove Klausi's left arm to position the inst. Panel cover right, but before that I had to do the panel itself. Turns out the panel and dials on this kit are way underscale, the largest ones being, in scale, smaller than the smallest gauge of the RLM in WW2.

So I whacked together a new one, and so I can use better decals for them than the Revell crap.

Here is the thing just testfit. When that panel is on, I can reattach the arm and then, thank heavens, the canopy can go on and we can proceed to painting.

post-906-1152377406.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

Oooooh....Ahhhhhh :unsure:

Looking awesome mate!! I love that cockpit!! superb work. You are really getting yourself a serious ability for making plasticard sing buddy!

Cheers mate,

Jay