Thank you, Paul. I'm still teaching myself painting and weathering techniques. Many of these techniques are known to many, but I've spent so much more time scratch-building than painting and weathering that these two techniques are still trial and error for me.
Cheers! Wolf, and thank you. I'm surprised there isn't a liner as well. It certainly would make this build go faster, at least for me, if there were.
Thank you, Peter.
Thank you, Frank.
This all took awhile to complete.
I removed as much as I could of the earlier effort from the port fuselage (that would be the one on the right side in the picture) and redid it. It has a better relationship to the starboard side.
Instrument panel. Not 100% by the book, but close enough for me. Gloss coat, masked dial faces, flat coat.
Control Column. I still have trouble with yellow.
Control Column, other side.
Base coat of RLM66. Gloss, then Paynes Grey. Mixed Titanium White with Lamp Black for a light-to-mid grey highlight. Most noticeable on the black side console. Some silver dry brush, then Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, and Burnt Umber for mud.
Little black box in front of the trim wheels, supposed to be RLM66. Oh well. I saw wood trim wheels in a photo of a restoration and though I'd do the same. Could have done better. I forgot to gloss before adding the 'dark brown'.
The side panel is a casting from another K-4 I have because I lost this kit part. I scraped off the communications plug-in wire and made a new one from solder and rod. The three dials I cast and sanded down, a little too much.
The aluminum on the seat back doesn't appear as emphasised in real life, at least as I can tell. Must be the lighting.