Trumpeter 1/32 Ju87 - what aftermarket would you like?

nmayhew

Hi guys,
i initially sounded out Derek Bradshaw of EMD about these on Scale Plastic and Rail, but thought I may as well throw it open here where it will get more exposure to guys whose focus is 1/32 ;) (Derek was undecided about them)

I would like to sound you all out on upgrades for the Trumpeter 1/32 Stuka...

Here is a list of things that firstly I think an aftermarket manufacturer could provide VERY easily:

- Correct spats - possibly the most important of the whole lot imho
- Little propellers to go on the stubs on the spats
- Replacement wheels (kit has rubber tyres - Mastercasters have some listed, but i would prefer someone else look at them if i am honest)

[anyone have dimensions of the wheels, and whether they changed during the B series, or indeed for the D and G??]
- Trop filter for B-2 / R-2 Trop (mega simple)

Slightly more difficult perhaps...

- Correct bomb cradle; the kit one is not for a B
- 'Skinny' prop blade for B-1 version [can anyone provide me here with a definitive list, preferablly supported by scale drawings / pics, of all the different prop blades used by the Ju87 from B through to D and G??]
- B-1 exhausts (would require the cowling panel surround as well)
- B-1 radiator cowling (basically the kit seems to be a mixture of B-1 and B-2)
- Correct B-2 radiator cowling (as above)

Difficult / expensive...

- Full correction set for everything forward of the engine firewall - the kit is just too small in this area (am thinking along the lines of the old Aires correction to make a Bf109 F-2, or EMD's P-40 nose set...)
- Cockpit interior

Hopefully some of the aftermarket guys will look at this? Depending upon what comes up, i will contact Roy Sutherland, although sadly the Bad Guys do not really seem his bag, Bob at MDC, Radu maybe...

Cheers

Nick

PS guys if I have missed anything blindingly obvious here, please chime in

Well, having no interest in the B-1...

However, the B-2 stuff looks great!

Now, if you were to do everything forward of the firewall, probably two different sets? One for the B-1 and another for the B-2?

Correct me if I am wrong, as I am going by memory, wasn't there an issue with the bomb slung under the fuselage?

Mark Proulx

Most of my interest is in the B-1 or even better an A, but that is a major conversion kit. The Legion Condor Spanish Civil War color scheme with splinter camo drives that A desire, but they did use early B's. I like all of the B-1 items you asked about.

I could be dragged (not even kicking and screaming) into doing a Hungarian B-2, so I would vote with my money for -1 and -2 fixes, but lots more of it for an A. I don't yet have the kit as I have too many others to deal with until some of these fixes are in place.

There was an "A" announced at one time, but was that turned into the B-2 or delayed?

Tnarg

Guest KingK_series

Hi guys,

i initially sounded out Derek Bradshaw of EMD about these on Scale Plastic and Rail, but thought I may as well throw it open here where it will get more exposure to guys whose focus is 1/32 ;) (Derek was undecided about them)

I would like to sound you all out on upgrades for the Trumpeter 1/32 Stuka...

Here is a list of things that firstly I think an aftermarket manufacturer could provide VERY easily:

- Correct spats - possibly the most important of the whole lot imho

- Little propellers to go on the stubs on the spats

- Replacement wheels (kit has rubber tyres - Mastercasters have some listed, but i would prefer someone else look at them if i am honest)

[anyone have dimensions of the wheels, and whether they changed during the B series, or indeed for the D and G??]

- Trop filter for B-2 / R-2 Trop (mega simple)

Slightly more difficult perhaps...

- Correct bomb cradle; the kit one is not for a B

- 'Skinny' prop blade for B-1 version [can anyone provide me here with a definitive list, preferablly supported by scale drawings / pics, of all the different prop blades used by the Ju87 from B through to D and G??]

- B-1 exhausts (would require the cowling panel surround as well)

- B-1 radiator cowling (basically the kit seems to be a mixture of B-1 and B-2)

- Correct B-2 radiator cowling (as above)

Difficult / expensive...

- Full correction set for everything forward of the engine firewall - the kit is just too small in this area (am thinking along the lines of the old Aires correction to make a Bf109 F-2, or EMD's P-40 nose set...)

- Cockpit interior

Hopefully some of the aftermarket guys will look at this? Depending upon what comes up, i will contact Roy Sutherland, although sadly the Bad Guys do not really seem his bag, Bob at MDC, Radu maybe...

Cheers

Nick

PS guys if I have missed anything blindingly obvious here, please chime in

scratch build the lot..... not so hard.... and fun. I am sure Radu will agree

Interesting feedback guys, with some very good ideas. I do not have this kit at present because I am busy amassing other Luftwaffe aircraft reference material and books at the moment. There is only one reason why I might consider looking at this aircraft, and it is not a million miles away from Grant's reasoning.

So, although the Trumpeter Ju 87B Stuka is not on my radar at the moment, if I am ever lucky enough to get hold of a kit in the near future (and this is not my priority at present because I have other things that need doing more urgently) - and the relevant references - then who knows, I may be able to do something?

Cheers

Derek

Guest KingK_series

Interesting feedback guys, with some very good ideas. I do not have this kit at present because I am busy amassing other Luftwaffe aircraft reference material and books at the moment. There is only one reason why I might consider looking at this aircraft, and it is not a million miles away from Grant's reasoning.

So, although the Trumpeter Ju 87B Stuka is not on my radar at the moment, if I am ever lucky enough to get hold of a kit in the near future (and this is not my priority at present because I have other things that need doing more urgently) - and the relevant references - then who knows, I may be able to do something?

Cheers

Derek

very cool

that is exactly how I came to this kit

ok, Derek looks like he may run with a project to do the easy add-on stuff:

- spats

- spat propellers

- wheels

- bomb cradle (will probably come with a 250 bomb)

- Trop filter

http://sparforums.com/ipb/index.php?/topic/2930-trumpeter-132-ju87-what-aftermarket-would-you-like-open-letter-to-manufacturers/

i will be donating (lending hopefully!) my kit for him to have some plastic in his hands, and trying to post a series of useful reference pics in the above thread; when my Kagero Monograph IV arrives - and if it does indeed have some plans (vol III is utterly devoid of them and basically pretty useless in this regard) - if will scan them and post them to him

of course feel free if you already have plans etc to do the honours!

PS please don't ask about the A series - i am not giving him my kit to make upgrades for this variant ;)

Obviously, when I have the actual kit and references (I have nothing on the Ju 87 Stuka whatsovever) I shall be in a much better position to assess things and see what can be done along the lines that Nick suggests. I may therefore be asking for advice on this one as I go along and would therefore be grateful for any assistance that the membership can offer me?

Many thanks

Derek

Guest KingK_series

Obviously, when I have the actual kit and references (I have nothing on the Ju 87 Stuka whatsovever) I shall be in a much better position to assess things and see what can be done along the lines that Nick suggests. I may therefore be asking for advice on this one as I go along and would therefore be grateful for any assistance that the membership can offer me?

Many thanks

Derek

Hey Derek

bomb load was usually a SC250 and 4 x SC 50

alternatively one SC500