Fly Wessex

Bruce_Crosby

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there was any progress with Fly's Wessex kit so I I had a quick look at their web site. They have photos of some resin bits, namely the curved louvred shroud behind the rotor mast, as well as the wheels. Got to tell you, they look brilliant, especially the wheels. Very detailed, fine tread, Dunlop logos, detailed brake hubs. If you think the resin was good on the Arado 234 you'll be blown away by the wheels on the Wessex.

The plastic parts are represented by a sprue with rotor head parts. I think there will be some etch and resin parts to detail this area but it looks good to me.

Sorry I haven't put a link in, haven't got a clue how to do it with iPad!

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

http://www.fly814.cz

You just place your finger over what you want and wait for select-all (or select), and copy, to pop up. Just touch those options in sequence. There's no right click per se. Back in the land of LSP, hold your finger on the page and wait for the paste option to come up, then touch that option. Done.

The parts are making their way forwards so barring a calamity we should see a Wessex. It's going to be a big kit.

Tony

Edited by Tony T

Right click? On a Mac product? No. No can do. Mac products are designed so they can be used by people who only have control over one finger at a time.

Tim, diving in trench...... And frankly just as exasperated by the numpties at Microsoft who patronise their customers in the most irritating ways imaginable!

Tim

... Right click? On a Mac product? No. No can do. ... BS - My Smart Mouse (iMac) has left/right/click and drag/hold and scroll functions ... what are you looking at - a 70's model?? :D

Mac products are designed so they can be used by people who only have control over one finger at a time ...

:fight:  :fight:  :fight:

Rog :)

They're designed to actually work the way they're designed to work.  There is no need for right clicking on a Mac.  It's much more intuitively, intelligently, and elegantly designed ;)

Thank you Jennings :) ... Designed for simplicity so you don't have to waste time, go out and get a university degree in order to operate it.

Much more efficient operating systems and hardware too ... 

Rog :)

Well, i'm EXTREMELY simple, and I find them the most irritatingly obstinately frustratingly things ever.And, to be fair, Windows 8 is only a hairbreadth behind....

I realise this is entitely my fault, but being a fully paid up old git, I cone from a time when the customer was almost always right, wasnt there to be patronised, and if something wasnt broke, you didnt fix it by changing it for something much worse.

But thats just me.....

The topic was Fly's upcoming Wessex, not my inability to operate an iPad. Maybe we should have a computer geek forum.

In the meanwhile, I'm going to keep my eye on Fly's progress with the whirlybird, I think it's going to be a good 'un.

And now it's back to reshaping the prop blades on PCM's Ta 152C-1.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Macs and the evolving OS are superb, and I love the iPad. However, my favourite was Win XP running on a PC desktop.

XP was almost bullet-proof, and what a host of utterly delightful programmes (esp. flight sim) there existed that sadly are not compatible with the ghastly Vista and bearable but butter-walled, bearing-your-soul-to-the-world, Win 7 and 8.

Anyway, the Fly Wessex will be added to the build schedule to keep the forthcoming S&MM FG.1 conversion company.

If anyone can explain the differences between the two Fly versions I'm a very keen learner. I either want one in FAA grey & dayglo, or an RAF one in canary yellow; what variants are those ?

Tony

Have to admire Fly. They follow a 1/32 Ar234 with a 1/32 Wessex, then a Mk IIc Hurricane.

They certainly don't lack in confidence. And it's great that they are not chucking out yet more 109's or 190's, but instead plough their own furrow.

Computers - my take is that Mac's & PC's are both good, but they don't mix.

Can anyone explain to me in one short sentence the salient difference(s) between the Wessex HC.2 and HU.5 variants ?

The Fly Hurricane looks good - is that a mark 2 with wing cannons ? Add a tropical filter and you're good for a desert force one ?

Apologies for my ignorance, but I'm a blowtorch guy who knows very little about egg beaters and food processors.

Tony

Right click? On a Mac product? No. No can do. Mac products are designed so they can be used by people who only have control over one finger at a time.

Tim, diving in trench...... And frankly just as exasperated by the numpties at Microsoft who patronise their customers in the most irritating ways imaginable!

Tim

Hey, I have a Mac, and you described me to a T! Have we met??

Hi Tony,

With regard to the Hurricane, Fly will release both versions, the ETO and MTO with filter ones.

Concerning the Wessex, as far as I know both announced versions are very similar: same engine nose on the late ones, same big exhaust, same transport seats, etc. The main differences were on the IP (not very visible on a scale kit), the external antennas and of course the markings as one was a RAF version whereas the other was a similar Navy one generally used to carry Royal Marines.

Hth

Thierry

Thanks Thierry, and Bruce for the original heads-up on Fly progress.

I always preferred the Hurricane to the Spitfire, and will wait for the MTO edition. What's yours ?

RAF Wessex then too. Not the same as the Westland Whirlwinds I used to see in Northumberland, but another irresistible example of brute force defying gravity.

Tony