Vacation build, The Snake Wedge dragster

dmthamade

I've been off on staycation for two weeks, built this to kill time. This is by AMT and is the Snakes wedge car. Kit was ok, had accuracy issues and build issues, car kits are really simple compared to aircraft kits. Parts are really simplified, flash,wonky fit, oversize rivets, sketchy accuracy, THICK chrome which i stripped, BUT it was a fun build, decals worked ok. I painted it with Tamiya spray bomb.

MJKBzs.jpg

ScsDGz.jpg

I've been watching the NHRA races for the last two years, new fuel cars are amazingly complex compared to when i used to follow the races. AA/FD cars were just into the fives when i stopped watching. Pipedream i know, but it would be nice if Tamiya would do a modern Nitro Dragster the same way they did their old 1/12 formula cars...

Don

AA/FD cars were just into the fives when i stopped watching. 

Don

Same here. I stopped when Kenny Bernstein ruled the roost, always thanking his budweiser this and Budweiser that, it got old. Lower ET's also means the race is over almost before it starts.... Not much fun.

Nitromethane!  :frantic:  :frantic:  :frantic:

That smell !

That's the smell of….

FAST,

VERY FAST.   :D :D :D

Love the model and I too wish for a very high quality large scale old school front engined rail.  I have the Revell kit but it just ain't working' for me.

Those Revell kits were first issued in the early/mid seventies, great at that time but really would like to see new tooling. Never going to happen, but a new large scale series would be most welcome by me. Can you imagine Tamiya or Revell moulding an old school AA/FD or the latest AA/FD or a Pro Mod detailed the same way the Mosquito/Spitfire/Mustang are?? I would gladly switch genres from aircraft models to cars. Start with the Don Schumacher cars then go with the Force cars, then the Kalitta cars....

Don