Hobbyboss Spitfire Vb

dennismcc

Well at last I can close the fuselage, the gun sight is assembled, and everything fits, the tail wheel was a bit fiddley but in the end it fitted fine.

Final pictures before the CA is applied.

J1vtTD.jpg

n7NBVg.jpg

2jEioX.jpg

And all buttoned up and left for the CA to cure

vRTTOI.jpg

I even assembled the wings and started to sand and polish the seams.

nVP7fI.jpg

lVOUra.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc
Replaced Photobucket photos

Thank you but it's really a cheat, Yahoo take all the hassle out of it for you

Cheers

Dennis

Aaah, I see now...

under%20the%20rock_zpsqcttvgbt.jpg

Anyway I like what you're doing here. Keep up the good work!

Chris  :)

Edited by Chris Wimmer

I like what I see Dennis, super job. You've mentioned applying CA, is this the only glue you're using, is the kit plastic or resin?

Max

Hi Max, yes CA is the only adhesive that I use, apart from newly bought Formula 360 for fabric seat belts, I use CA on both resin and plastic kits, this one is plastic

Aaah, I see now...

under%20the%20rock_zpsqcttvgbt.jpg

Anyway I like what you're doing here. Keep up the good work!

Chris  :)

Thank you very kindly Chris

Cheers

Edited by dennismcc

Sanding and polishing seams, as usual it's not my favourite, sand, polish, spot flaws, fill with CA, apply kicker and repeat, with some nice music on though it soon gets done.

Before joining the wings and fuselage I decided to sort out the nose panels, but where to start ?? I also test fitted the resin exhausts (Quickboost), and they fitted a treat.

R30Jyo.jpg

I decided to fit the "lid" first, then the sides and lastly the bottom, first a test fit, and it all seems to fit very well.

1spAfi.jpg

so out with the CA and away we go.

Up6ox3.jpg

All fitted, and the resultant (small) gaps were filled with Mr Surfacer 1200 using a cocktail stick, then I removed the excess with a cotton bud dipped in Mr Color thinner.

6VmwSF.jpg

rkck8k.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc

No excuses now, for me this is always the crunch part of a build, if it goes wrong there will be lots of sanding and filling, get it right and it is plain sailing, so here we go.

The test fit and the final fitting looked good, so fingers crossed

ZtmYop.jpg

tNeK5u.jpg

K2SQ7H.jpg

joRmql.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc

Nice work on this beauty ;)

Thank you Loic, I just hope it does turn into a beauty !

good grief, your positively flying through this build. Iv'e only just got the engine together! . 

It's very unusual for me, I normally agonise over details and take ages to finish a kit, but I am just getting on with this one.

Cheers

Dennis

Well more progress, the wing to fuselage joint was fine on the Port wing but there was a slightly larger gap on the starboard side, so one side was filled with Mr Surfacer 1200 but the larger gap had to be filled with a sliver of thin plastic sheet and CA, the fuselage gaps were small so they have been filled with Mr Surfacer. While I was letting these to dry I decided to fit the wing gun covers, these are clear plastic parts for the brave ones who want to show off their skills, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that they are a great fit.

I used my Radu (RB productions) saw to detach the gun covers from the sprues and it worked great, in fact I've been using it for this all the way through this build and it's a revelation as long as you don't get carried away. Once cut out they were test fitted and apart from one cannon cover which needed a slight trim (the same one on each wing) they fitted perfectly straight off. Here's the photos.

fNuX6c.jpg

And test fitted

gaAqip.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc