Trumpeter 1:24 BF 109K-4

LSP_K2

When did Barracuda release 24th 109 wheels?

Good point Dave. I think I got some bad information somewhere. The only wheels that I know of are the Contact Resine G-6 wheels, which look close enough for my needs, (or I may just go with the kit wheels).

Slumming around the WWW, I've also become aware of an Eduard interior set for this baby that I may consider the inclusion of for this effort.

One of the better references I have for the K series regarding scheme selections is the MMP/Stratus book, that will help a lot with color ideas, though I have several others as well.

OK, engine is done, (at least as much as it's going to get done, since no one will ever see it anyway). One thing I discovered that I absolutely don't care for is the fact that the exhaust stubs (all 12 of them), are two pieces each!

101313014_zps4e9c7298.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

To the best of my knowledge, Fighter Pictorials only did two books on the G/K series, but they are both worth having, in my humble opinion. Between these an the other late109 references I have, I feel I have a good chance of capturing the "feeling" of these machines.

Part 1

Part 2

I also recall this thread, where we discussed some of the particulars of the K-4 pit.