Death Angels Marine Crusader FINISHED

blackbetty

I was eyeballing this kit for a long time now, but it just wouldnt fit in the OOB GB. so now i´ll give it a go.

Trumpeter kit, Aires exhaust, eduard interior etch, quickboost seat, sac landinggear, a 2000lb iron bomb and the Victory models decals sheet i got. some reference too.

this thing will have every flap and brake hang down, wings up, but hatches closed and bombed up with the 2000pounder and an early MER with 250lb snakeeyes, just like on the hotpad. dont know about that assymetric load, couldnt find a pic - but also no pic with a symetric load, so i´ll go for it :evil_laugh:

comments welcome :beer:

01_zps91c7a5f9.jpg

Are you making Drax Williams' Echo?? Would love to see a figure of him with the handlebar 'stache....

I love them Color picture in the book where the SA F-8 with the dirty guns and Zuni Tubes and Snake Eyes ready to pound some ground!! will def be watching... I'm trying to assemble some more stuff to start mine at somepoint this decade...

Edited by DaneBramage

the victory sheet has the 4 as number, so i dont know if Drax flew that plane, but it should look like you described. i´m not really good as a figure painter, but is there a pilot in 1:32 with that suit?

should look something like this (fair use):

235FlakHotpad_zps21e2204c.jpg

EDIT: photobucket has removed my image, seems no fair use here....

i am still looking for pics of VMF(AW)-235, there seem to be not that many, especially an assymetric loadout would be cool

Edited by blackbetty

wanted to start on the pit when i discovered that the eduard photoetch is useless, the IPs are in grey blue, not black as on every pic pf the F-8 pit i have seen :BANGHEAD2:

06_zps94dcd5ba.jpg

now what? will take a look at the aires pit, but its not cheap

Edited by blackbetty