Azur:Polikarpov I-16

Erwin

Hi all,

Some weeks ago I anounced to stop building LSP models. That was untill I found this one cheap at a convention today. :rolleyes:

Normally I wouldn't have bought this.But it fits a "Spanish Civil War" GB on Britmodeller too.

I guess leaving the LSP models is harder to do than I expected.

pol.jpg

Gotcha!

Over the years I have found modeling always pulling me back in, no matter how far I stray.

The first pleasureable activity I remember was making models, and that was when I was four years old.

Over the years I have found myself being pulled back into it again and again. :rolleyes:

I use a lot of modeling techniques in my sculpure and vise versa.

Accept it, modeling is in your blood now. :)

Stephen

Hi Erwin,

Are you going to superdetail it? I mean, the cockpit.

One day I'll pick up one of these moscas, but for the moment I bought an Eduard little one :lol: , which is anyway very nice!

Regarding stop building/buying........you cannot. You can slow it, but not leave it.

cheers

Alberto

Hi Erwin,

Are you going to superdetail it? I mean, the cockpit.

cheers

Alberto

Hi,

You don't know,as a new member, that I do all my builds out of the box. No extras added.

But,I now know why I was able to buy this kit very cheap at a convention. The PE parts are messing. So I won't even be able to build the gunsight or add the seatbelts.

Erwin you may find they are wrapped tightly on the back of the decal sheet. I had the same issue with mine until I noticed!

The belts are easy to replicate anyway but it takes nanobots to build the gunsite. Fiddly is not the word...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I love this little plane will have to source one myself in any scale... saw one at the War Birds over Wanaka in Central Otago New Zealand they make great engine noise... have just returned to the hobby after a 20 year break and loving it. Will follow this great build with interest Cheers ;)