1/32 Ki-61 - I

Radub

These shims were progressively sanded, then the panel was dry-fitted to the wing, then the shims below any edges that were still "sticking out" were gently sanded again, then the panel was dry-fitted again and so on until I was happy that the panel was perfectly flush with the wing.

post-683-1165318934.jpg

Hi Radub,

francky brought me this MDC kit ("thankya" B) ) this week-end to have a look at it.

In one word I found it : amazing !

(by the way I'm still running through the 57 pages (ouch !) of this topic…)

When you just look at the parts in the box, they whisper to you : "build me, build me"… :lol:

Every part is a real masterpiece (with special mention to the resin canopy. I never saw such a clear, thin and fine detailed one !

( by the way you gave me an clear answer : it's possible to cast what is to be called a canopy !)

I could go on like this for pages !!!

This seems to be THE kit to buy/own/build even if you're not absolutely fan of "the hinomarus" !!

(if only I had not 3 kits to achieve before :unsure: )

Simply great and I'm glad to follow your progress with the "beast" !

When you just look at the parts in the box, they whisper to you : "build me, build me"… B)

thats the darkside of your soul who likes the smell of plastic and glue . Listen to it and embrace it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hacker :unsure: :lol:

Thanks supermario. I am glad you like it.

The wings are now in place. This was a quite delicate job, trying to get them to sit at the proper dihedral. Lots of dry-fiting and some adjusting was needed. Getting this right was the most time-consummint job so far :lol: .

post-683-1165424050.jpg