1/32 scale Halifax update (sort of)

Cees Broere

Hi Cees,

Depending on how you prefer to finish your model, carefully masked panel lines built up with various thicknesses of automotive aerosol acrylic primer works quite well (this is the method I use on my master patterns for such skinning effects). As for your TR1154/1155 radio sets, I also have to make these for my Beaufighter interior detail set...do you have any good reference sources for this equipment?

Many thanks

Derek

:D-->

QUOTE(derek B @ Dec 5 2006, 04:54 PM) 95512[/snapback]

Hi Cees,

Depending on how you prefer to finish your model, carefully masked panel lines built up with various thicknesses of automotive aerosol acrylic primer works quite well (this is the method I use on my master patterns for such skinning effects). As for your TR1154/1155 radio sets, I also have to make these for my Beaufighter interior detail set...do you have any good reference sources for this equipment?

Many thanks

Derek

Hi Derek,

Try this page: http://www.vk2bv.org/radio/r1155.htm

There are lots of sites about the T1154 and R1155 combination. But as I said, I have a set at

home, I can send you pics of them from all angles if you wish.

Cheers

Cees

Hi Cees,

Thanks for the link. I think that having one at home is the best reference you could possibly have. Photographs of your TR set would be helpful to both me, and other LSP'ers, especially if you could also run a tape measure over it as well and provide its dimensions? :lol: :unsure:

Many thanks

Derek

There are lots of sites about the T1154 and R1155 combination. But as I said, I have a set at

home, I can send you pics of them from all angles if you wish.

Cheers

Cees

• 4 months later...

post-1045-1178217651.jpg

Sorry, no pics of the T1154/R1155 set up yet, but wil do that soon :lol:

No update on the 1/32 Hally but here is a pic of the pilot's chassis of the

full size cockpit version I am working on. I promise to start work on the

1/32 soon.

Guest UMIRESIN

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS ! ! :lol:

Have you figgured the yellowed canopy problem out yet ? I read one question of whether that section of cut out could become a master of sorts for a better canopy . tho not from a vac I made all the clear canopys & gondola glass & that funny armadillo looking rear gunners position over solid masters that were first filled on my FW-200 Condor scratchbuild .

post-1661-1178223012.jpg

Thanks,

Yes, I have thought long and hard about that one and I think I will fill the cut out bits with

milliput and shape the canopy from that to make a solid form. It's a relatively simple shape

so crash moulding should do the trick. The other transparency shapes are well formed (but

yellowed) and these I will fill with milliput as well. But that stage hasn't been reached yet

(don't know when it will :unsure: )

Cheers

Cees

Here's a pic of the yellowed canopy, as you can see it's useless. The diagonal lines are wrong

as well. As in every Halifax kit, these lines do not go over the perspex but are strengthening

tubes on the inside of the flight engineers position. Next to it is the redundant part of the fuselage

I cut out for the cockpit opening.

As mentioned this will be the basis for a new mould (I hope)

Cheers

Cees

post-1045-1178559229.jpg

Here's the cut out fitted inside the transparency. They fit very well so

can perhaps be used as a cutting base for the newformed canopy.

(haven't decided yet)

Cheers

Cees

post-1045-1178559352.jpg

Guest UMIRESIN

Afternoon :P

What I did in one case with a vac kit that the canopy was just as yellowed was buy some of the very fine higher grade plaster of paris . a super thin film of vaseline first in the old kit canopy & after the resin set i had a nice " master " to vac over . If you don't have a vacuform a dowel can be placed in the plaster before it sets and placed in a wood block after drilling a hole & the sqish/pull over method can be used .