What is it like to build a Lukgraph Model?

Gazzas

On 3/11/2024 at 5:09 PM, Jan_K said:

The CA dries way too fast to align the parts as required.  Use 5min epoxy or regular epoxy for all the bigger parts.
Use CA only for small parts - cockpit or similar.

Jan speaks truth here.  

Lukgraph kits are very nice, and generally go together well (caveat; my experience is limited to some of their earlier kits, before they started to include 3D printed parts), but epoxy is definitely the best option for major assembly.

Now that post Andreas has me VERY interested because the struts on the Gamecock/Grebe that I’m going to be making before too long are resin, no metal inserts and sure to bend if not snap. Metal is the way to go and I like the idea of brass tubing with a wire core then flattened and shaped. Must practice this to get some idea of the process and skills needed.

Thanks Andreas! :clap2:

4 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

That's some great work, Andreas! How do you get an aerofoil shape out of the brass, rather than just a simple flattened tube? Or does it not matter?

Kev

Thanks Kev!

it‘s not impossible to sand the brass strut with sanding sticks into even more airfoil shape. I did that from time to time. But between flattened brass around a metal core and airfoil shape (always the kit parts in mind!) isn’t really so much difference.