1/32 F-16C block 30 - kit options?

coogrfan

I think the last release of the old Hasegawa kit allows you to build a narrow intake block 30. However, the original kit release is very old and cannot be compared in any way with the Tamiya marvel. The choice essentially depends on the level of detail and accuracy you are looking for.

Well, maybe, depending upon what time frame you're looking at.  I think (and I may be incorrect here) that the Block 30 Vipers were/are updated with the heavyweight landing gear and if so, you're half way to the Tamiya F-16CJ.  The leading edge flap fingers will need to be backdated (to three vs. four on the Block 50).  Not exactly sure what, if anything has been done to the cockpit instrumentation, etc. so you may need to look into that.  Our resident F-16 expert/pilot (Pete) can probably nail it right down for you.

EDIT:  Just-so’s-ya-know, the Tamiya Thunderbirds kit is a Block 32, P&W engine NSI (small mouth) intake trunk.

Edited by Juggernut

Time frame would be 1998, aircraft would be options 2 or 3 below (Iowa ANG based in my parents home town of Sioux City B) )

glH95q1.jpeg

r4GfDhD.jpeg

Edited by coogrfan

1 hour ago, coogrfan said:

Time frame would be 1998, aircraft would be options 2 or 3 below (Iowa ANG based in my parents home town of Sioux City B) )

glH95q1.jpeg

In that case, I think the Hasegawa kit with suitable modifications (MCID [big mouth] intake trunk and GE engine exhaust) will get you there.  Taking note of what Thierry said regarding the Hasegawa kit above.  

Not sure if the Academy F-16 CG can be “back dated” to a block 30 or not.  Out of the box, it builds Block 40, 42, 50, and 52 if memory serves.  

Again, Pete should be able to nail it down tight for you.

Edited by Juggernut

All of the Academy kits have the heavyweight gear and bulged gear doors.  Although they have both intakes and exhausts, they are still Blocks 40 and up.  I haven’t heard of US Block 30/32s being updated with the heavyweight gear, but even if that happened, I doubt that it would have happened in back in 1998.

Kasl Hobby makes lightweight gear for the Tamiya kit.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kasl-hobby-k32025-f-16-light-weight-gear-accessories--1371472

https://www.scalemates.com/es/kits/kasl-hobby-k32026-f-16-light-main-landing-gear--1397335