Airbrush musings

Interesting, indeed! I think his assertion that his airbrushed lines are "as thin or thinner" than the comparison hair is a bit of a stretch. And his recommended technique for achieving them is nowhere near as practical on scale models as it is on a painting canvas. Nice that he mentioned scale models as an application, though! I might have to check out some more of his videos.

Kev

I can paint lines that thin with my Iwata's but like his they are inconsistant and not solid as the paint stops a lot due to dry tip and you have to move fast, also try going over the line again to get them solid. Not saying it cant be done but low pressure and thin paint need to be spot on for it to work. Cheers.

These musings are amusing as long as you restrict yourself to painting lines with drawing ink on a flat semi-absorbent surface with the risk of getting a seriously bent needle at the end of the day.
For anything else, you gotta move on.

Painting spot-on details (without overspray) using modelling paints over a curved plastic surface is a  whole different game. 

Edited by quang

On 10/29/2023 at 2:18 AM, quang said:

These musings are amusing as long as you restrict yourself to painting lines with drawing ink on a flat semi-absorbent surface with the risk of getting a seriously bent needle at the end of the day.
For anything else, you gotta move on.

Painting spot-on details (without overspray) using modelling paints over a curved plastic surface is a  whole different game. 

The voice of reason.
Thank you