Reference Recommendation Request: Ki-84

Nohara, S. (1999), Aero detail 24, nakajima ki-84 hayate "frank", Dai Nippon Kaiga publishing, Tokyo

Mikesh, R. (2000), Japanese aircraft interiors 1940-1945, Monogram Aviation Publications,MA.

Bueschel, R. (1997), Nakajima ki-84a/b hayate in japanese army air force service, Schiffer Publishing, PA

Famous Airplanes of the World No. 19Army Type 4 Fighter "Hayate" Bunrin Do Co. Ltd.  (no other publication information can be found - Japanese text only)

The Maru Mechanic No. 33  Nakajima Army Type 4 Fighter "Hayate" (Ki-84" (Japanese text only)

You may have difficulty sourcing several, if not all, of the above titles and the Mikesh text, even if available, will cost a small fortune to acquire.

These are the only references I know of on the Ki-84 but there may be a Model Art reference on it and I think there's a Kagero book on it as well.  I cannot speak to the information available within either but Model Art is normally very well detailed (may or may not have English text to accompany the Japanese).  There may well be others and if so, someone will post them.

Edited by Juggernut

1 hour ago, Juggernut said:

Nohara, S. (1999), Aero detail 24, nakajima ki-84 hayate "frank", Dai Nippon Kaiga publishing, Tokyo

Mikesh, R. (2000), Japanese aircraft interiors 1940-1945, Monogram Aviation Publications,MA.

Bueschel, R. (1997), Nakajima ki-84a/b hayate in japanese army air force service, Schiffer Publishing, PA

Famous Airplanes of the World No. 19Army Type 4 Fighter "Hayate" Bunrin Do Co. Ltd.  (no other publication information can be found - Japanese text only)

The Maru Mechanic No. 33  Nakajima Army Type 4 Fighter "Hayate" (Ki-84" (Japanese text only)

You may have difficulty sourcing several, if not all, of the above titles and the Mikesh text, even if available, will cost a small fortune to acquire.

These are the only references I know of on the Ki-84 but there may be a Model Art reference on it and I think there's a Kagero book on it as well.  I cannot speak to the information available within either but Model Art is normally very well detailed (may or may not have English text to accompany the Japanese).  There may well be others and if so, someone will post them.

Thank you so much for the information. I think I may be better served started with the Curtiss Hawk 81 or the P-47D bubble top 

1 hour ago, LSP_Mike said:

There is also the old Aero Series book from the late 60s. Probably the first on this airplane, and with a good bit of history. When fueled with American gas, this plane out flew everything.

Thats incredible to learn and terrifying to hear too. 

One of these days I'll buy an actual plane and fly it...when I win the lottery.

12 hours ago, mechanic said:

CG Wanted to insert a photo from his collection, from a computer, but I can't... (some rules of the forum interfere.

And I have a lot of information about this plane...)

Hi mechanic , have you seen this ?   https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/forum/91-posting-images/

You don't need to log in or create an account with them - just click on 'Choose Images' and select the pictures you want to upload from your computer.

When that's done, you need to copy the text in the box next to 'Direct Link' - it will be something like 'https://i.postimg.cc/ZRnWXBN9/c7d0bb1b42b78dd7-large.jpg'

Then you need to copy that text, and when creating a message here you click on the 'Link' button at the top of the message and paste the text into there.