Thank you all for the warm welcome !

Jetmech57

On 6/13/2023 at 7:26 PM, Jetmech57 said:

This is the first time trying to use any kind of forum at all. I'm 68 and not up to speed on what to do, like what button to use ?, how to reply to someone.? What's that icon for ? etc..... I guess it will be a learning curve I hope you can all excuse my mistakes I'll be making !

A little of my history. A+P mechanic since 1975, US Navy vet. Worked for Grumman Aerospace for 14 years building all versions of the F-14 Tomcats, A-6E Intruders, EA-6B prowlers, EF-111 Ravens and all the first version aircraft prototypes and all of Grumman's chase and research planes. It was easy to research a model kit of one of them, I just went to work ! Spent my later years working on private corporation jets, Gulf Streams, Hawkers, Lear's..etc.. 

Now retired and disabled ( I spend a lot of time at the VA Hospital, a fun place to waste time ) I can now build to hearts content ! I hope I can help fellow builders out there if I can !

Thank you again for a warm welcome to you all !    Joe M

Welcome Aboard! Anyone who worked on Tomcats is already pretty cool, so you have that going for you! 

Welcome to the joint, Joe.  We're all a little crazy here, so if you don't mind hanging put with a bunch of oddballs you should be happier than a fly on s**t. So, you're 68 and retired, huh? That means you're just a youngster as far as I'm concerned (81 in August). I hope you have a lot of fun here and learn a lot of new things. And, if you haven't already found out, this can be a very expensive hobby!!!

And most important of all: THANK YOIU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!

Edited by steinerman