PZL.46 „Sum” 1:48 Art. of Trans

Kriss

I painted the underside with a Polish blue-grey colour. And for the camouflage I used a paint set from HATAKA dedicated to the Polish Air Force of September 1939. In the photo you can already see the beginning of the camouflage, the course of the colour dividing lines can be seen in the original photos from the exhibition in Paris.

E9dtg8e.jpg

I was wondering what colour to paint the top, Polish dark khaki or Polish export khaki, which the machines were painted in for export. As there was no material on how to paint the top and dark khaki was at hand, I used it to paint the top. Looking at the photos of the "Sum" and comparing it with other machines, I guess this is the colour.

ODRL8Vq.jpg

The glazing is from vacu and there is no problem with it fitting perfectly but the headlight and position lights are from print and look tragic. An attempt at polishing did nothing and I made new ones. By the way I am doing the interior of the cab. The bombs and decals have also arrived and they are not included in the kit. The bomb kit is from MIRAGE and the decals are from TECHMOD and they are checkerboard alone.

Pu4dPzC.jpg

Decal laid down, I modelled it on how the chequers were laid out on other planes. I know that no available photo shows the chequered pattern or other markings or inscriptions. I took my cue from the description of Lithuanian pilots who intercepted the Polish machine on their Dewoitine D.501. In their description, they said they recognised the Pole by the chequered pattern, and the type of aircraft was unknown to them. That is why mine only has the chequered pattern on it.

pyXvm0o.jpg

0JaxQEY.jpg

And at the end of the workshop a photo of the finished model. I know I didn't show its cockpit interior, but I only gave what was available from the manufacturer and from the extras it was only the pilot's belts for the YAHU, all in all it came out a bit empty there. But I had to finish the model quickly because it flew as a gift and now it delights the eyes of my friend. I also plan to make one for my collection, but when that will be I don't know. I now invite you to the gallery.

gnsR75p.jpg

I would like to present another completed project of the PZL.46 "Sum" in 1:48 scale, which represents the only prototype of this machine, which took part in the defensive war of 1939. The colouring of the chequerwings is presumed, as there is no photo to prove it. Their appearance on the model is only due to the description of the capture of the Polish machine by Lithuanian pilots. 3D printed model, my first and certainly not the last, the construction was quick and efficient, the parts fitted very well and that's it for the plus. Now the downsides, I missed the bombs in the open bomb bay, a little empty in the crew cabin but I know the lack of documents for that. All in all, it's a very nice and enjoyable model and with a bit of willpower you can make a real gem out of it.  And in the pictures below you can see how the PZL.46 "Sum" presents itself in all its glory.

gnsR75p.jpg

ppDk2Sp.jpg

ZaHsDz8.jpg

aL4lHip.jpg

EX8D8dx.jpg

hThy80T.jpg