A little help required, canopy parts for Revell F-14 1/32 scale

Ali62

Hi guys

I have had a few requests for replacement canopies for the Revell 1/32 F-14, would anybody be able to send me a set, either on permanent loan with me sending a replacement cast canopy OR for me to make a copy and to return your kit parts to you. I do not intend to shape and sizes just make a good and hopefully better canopy.
Please do let me know, I will obviously pay for shipping both ways, would prefer U.K. to keep costs down but all considered.

please PM if you are able to assist.

cheers Ali

Ali, you may not want to copy the Revell parts as they are incorrectly shaped! The windscreen is way too flat and short and the main canopy has quite a few issues as well. Adapting the Tamiya clear parts would be a more interesting option as it would address one of the main problems of the Revell kit. 

Thank you for the input Ben. Daniel is sending me a set from the Revell kit, so when I get them I will be able to access what you are speaking about. I will see if I can adapt a TAMIYA one, but as you know clear provides a lot of challenges. I have one customer that just needs a front screen on a completed model, that has been lost, so a kit copy would be best for him. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a word of caution if you do take this on Ali.  I went to glue the front windscreen on my F-14 I’m building right now and it was slightly warped or splayed out at the bottom corners where it meets the cockpit opening.  I had to hold things in place while the glue set up.  
Before you try copying one in resin, you really need the front half of the kit on hand to verify shape first. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...