1/35 HH-60G pavehawk

matt_1185

Back to Slowly moving forward on cockpit/cabin area, instrument panels done and weathered with some Vallejo desert dust wash. 

I also pulled apart my MH6M Little bird to restore it, so I tossed the pilots in the pavehawk seats to see how it would look lol. 

this is the first time I’ve used instrument panel decals from a kit and I must say after a few coats of micro Sol I was able to form them to the wonderfully detailed instrument panels I think they look pretty good. 

xptArdJ.jpg

BSjfNxu.jpg

eSmeJwf.jpg

with the desert dust wash..

ktboEzM.jpgQSTfORW.jpg

sepeuu3.jpg

On 1/25/2023 at 12:13 AM, matt_1185 said:

Taking a break come cabin decided to do some riveting :frantic: lol not sure if I regret starting this.   

.3mm solder balls gluing them into the recessed rivet holes.  Lord give me patients lol

TA3vVBE.jpg 

fy3D62r.jpgYR8IMfo.jpg

Are you gluing these in with liquid cement? I'm curious to try this... 

Small update.   Got gunners seats done and added some ICS bungee cords. 

wAnE3p5.jpg

NvbDLIz.jpg

The cords going out the windows will be attached to the gunners once installed  so I put them in the windows for now

W97xEfT.jpg

BdupFpZ.jpg

Not sure what else my skills will allow me todo and not much Available items to put in the cabin area… 

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2023 at 7:13 PM, matt_1185 said:

Taking a break come cabin decided to do some riveting :frantic: lol not sure if I regret starting this.   

.3mm solder balls gluing them into the recessed rivet holes.  Lord give me patients lol

TA3vVBE.jpg 

fy3D62r.jpgYR8IMfo.jpg

I'm in the process of using a similar technique, with a little variation to yours, I found the VMS Hull Tax Air better that TET :)

Step 1: Add a very thin line of the VMS hull tex glue to the recessed rivets - https://www.vms-supplies.com/product-page/vms-hull-tex-air

Step 2: Using the same brush, collect around 6-7 .03mm solder balls on the brush and gently add them into the recess of each rivet

Step 3: Wash the brush in acetone and remove excess, wipe and stipple the excess glue from the plastic.

Step 4: Prime 1st with MrMetal Primer and then MrSurfacer 1500