IPMS Middle Tennessee gathering in Murfreesboro

denders

Sorry I missed it! I'm not too far away, just up the road in Mount Juliet. I'll likely adopt this as my new IPMS chapter.

Can anyone tell me more about the shindig in Chattanooga in January? Perhaps I can make it for that one!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Dennis, for whatever reason, I thought your location changed. Welcome to TN, I'm a PA transplant. The website for Chattanooga. Home Page - Chattanooga Scale Modelers (chattanoogamodelers.com)

If you go to the IPMS website and then click on Events, there's a whole list. The Chattanooga event is at the top of the list right now.

I've not been to this Chattanooga event yet. I was there for NATS in 2019. I believe it's the same location that NATS 2019 was at. Which is a nice location. It's about a 3 hour drive for me. The wife and I talked about going down last year but something came up. If she goes along, I'm sure she'll ditch me for going to a yarn shop. :rolleyes:

P.S. Fairview is about a half hour on the other side of Nashville.

Dave

Edited by denders

On 11/13/2022 at 9:20 PM, denders said:

Dennis, for whatever reason, I thought your location changed. Welcome to TN, I'm a PA transplant. The website for Chattanooga. Home Page - Chattanooga Scale Modelers (chattanoogamodelers.com)

If you go to the IPMS website and then click on Events, there's a whole list. The Chattanooga event is at the top of the list right now.

I've not been to this Chattanooga event yet. I was there for NATS in 2019. I believe it's the same location that NATS 2019 was at. Which is a nice location. It's about a 3 hour drive for me. The wife and I talked about going down last year but something came up. If she goes along, I'm sure she'll ditch me for going to a yarn shop. :rolleyes:

P.S. Fairview is about a half hour on the other side of Nashville.

Dave

Thanks for the welcome Dave! We've really been enjoying it so far. Appreciate the website, too. That's very helpful. Will give the wife and I an excuse to check out Chattanooga for the day if we can find a dog sitter.

Strangely enough, I've been through Fairview twice already. My new job had me driving out to Huntingdon twice over the past three weeks.

I'm going to send you a PM, too, since you are pretty local here. Have a project I want to run by you.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA 

On 11/13/2022 at 9:40 PM, Dennis7423 said:

Sorry I missed it! I'm not too far away, just up the road in Mount Juliet. I'll likely adopt this as my new IPMS chapter.

Can anyone tell me more about the shindig in Chattanooga in January? Perhaps I can make it for that one!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Hello Dennis, 

The Chattanooga show is medium as size goes. Parking indoors or out.

The last few years they have combined 1/24-1/32 aircraft category with 1/48 scale. I don't like it one bit but all I can do is complain. 

Still a great venue and there is usually a world of wheels show next door.

If you want to explore Chattanooga then go north from the show into the riverbend area. Nice shops, restaurants and the Tennessee aquarium on the banks of the Tennessee river. Don't advise going south from venue. 

Hope to see you at the show.

John S 

23 hours ago, John Stambaugh said:

Hello Dennis, 

The Chattanooga show is medium as size goes. Parking indoors or out.

The last few years they have combined 1/24-1/32 aircraft category with 1/48 scale. I don't like it one bit but all I can do is complain. 

Still a great venue and there is usually a world of wheels show next door.

If you want to explore Chattanooga then go north from the show into the riverbend area. Nice shops, restaurants and the Tennessee aquarium on the banks of the Tennessee river. Don't advise going south from venue. 

Hope to see you at the show.

John S 

Thanks for the tips John, I really appreciate it! And I hope to see you there as well!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA