ACHTUNG Stuka!

thanks chris. i think i do like the schlümpfeblau. nice color. very kind of you to take the pics so quickly. the sice compairience of the gunpod and the bf 109 is very interesting too. this was what i call a really big gun.

cheers klaus

Guest LSP_Jay L

Looking reslly great Chris! Lovely paintjob.

I personally would prefer a Schlümpfe. :lol: More fun and distinctly more naughty.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Looking very nice indeed Chris your painting looks great as usual. I see something strange in the upper colours but then I'm not a Luftwaffe expert. My stuka looked darker and there was much less contrast between the upper colours.

Thanks Jay, Brian & Jamie.

Like Jamie said, there are many factors about the RLM colors. Since 1943 the paint starts to become rare. The ground and service crews mixed up what they had.

Another example, i saw original books from that time with color charts, there were 7 shades for RLM 81! From green till brown. All is possible here :P

On my model the contrast will be toned down after the weathering is done.

More pics soon. I´m still on it :blink:

Cheers,

Chris

Well, i´m back. The lowlights are done on the upper surface.

The light green was toned down with the 2nd camo color, the dark green. The dark green was toned down with black. Now i have to go on with the bottom surface.

When this is done, i will apply the highlights. More about this later. Here are some pics how it looks now. Hope you like it.

Cheers,

Chris

post-4-1144445474_thumb.jpg