Bf 109G-2 9/JG 54, Russia

bsarnoffca

Last one. The officer in the coat is a metal figure I picked over 20 years ago. There company made a whole series figures....Romans, Napleonic, knights. A shame they're no longer in business. He's a little rough but I liked the pose.

post-453-1154922822_thumb.jpg

Hi Bill,

that´s looking awesome!! Really great! I like the figures in front of the model, it looks like a real scene.

The detail is great as well and i especially like the antenna details.

I don´t want to critic your build, but there is one little decal, which is on the wrong place. It´s not your fault, Hasegawa didn´t show the correct position in their instructions.

It is the little decal on the left landing flap. This four stripes. It is the landingflap position indicator, and have to be on the other side of the panel line. Hope you know what i mean. This isn´t a big fault and noone will notice it. I just thought i should tell that.

Otherwise very nice build and i really enjoyed this one.

What´s next on the bench Bill?

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Chris, always open for a critique. Yeah I caught an earlier note on that decal from someone..might have been you. I might paint it over as it wouldn't be seen at the angle of the flap.

Next is a Fw190A-5 also another intereseting JG 54 color scheme.

this display is absoulutely beautiful! i really really like the realistic and living way, you did the grass. figures are painted very nice.

one good example that a beautiful build can only profit of a display.

this is really one beautiful bf 109 and really LSP style. the way you painted this aircraft is remarkable, not to mention all the details you put into it. the engine... just wow!

one question that came up to my mind is about the gun and cowling. if you look at the pictures of the bf 109 you see, that the gun would stand out of the cowling. so how the heck would one be able to open the cowling if the gun stands over it. (check the picture on page 16). this is no critik to your build, i am just curious how this would have worked in reality.

cheers klaus

ps: who does these pilots, you used?

Great Stuff Bill. Those figures are amongst the best I have ever seen. Absolutely lifelike. I think a B&W photo of them with the right light will fool people. 1000 000% better than those lollipop cartoon figures seen...elsewhere. It is great to see a master at work.

Just awesome.

Bill,

Who are those people and why are they near that airplane? Great piece of work Bill. You and the other guys have great skill with the brush and styrene. My most sicere compliments. Lovely piece of modeling.

Geoff

Thanks Geof, Piet, Klaus, Chris. Much appreciated.

Klaus, I was thinking about that gun and cowling the other night. I've seen lots of pictures of 109's with the cowl open....maybe they unscrew the barrels? I'll bet Vincent knows.

The grass is from one of the railroad scenic compnanies. Very easy to use and very effective. The pilot with his hands behind his back is Aires and the other two are metal figures I picked up in the 70's.

Geof, in answer to your question the pilot in the leather coat is trying to guess how many fingers the the other pilot has behind his back....I'm not sure why.

...on to the A-5!