The End of Hard Shots

PietvWdV

Oh hell Piet I knew that.I was trying to make a joke but once again f...ed it up.Damn.I was almost funny... :P

That's Cool! We're good mates too, and a bot of rib poking is alowed. :P

...Depends what you poke with! ;) :(

Cool box Piet...I love you're 'Invention being the mother of necessity' approach to modelling. We need more pragmatic engineers these days. Congratulations on carrying out a successful sortie.

Cheers

Derek

Thanx for the encouragement guys :(

Today I started experimenting with lights and diffusion. Found an excellent light material on the third try.

Of all lights I found 20W energy saver fluorescents to be the brightest for the least heat, and the least yellow. Unfortunately I only had 4, so for today I made up the rest with weaker energy savers.

Here is the box parked in it's corner of the hangar.

post-8-1141915003.jpg

Took a quick test shot of the same 109 as yesterday. All automatic setting and no fiddling. Except today I did not need the flash. Much crisper image and more detail, less glare (also remember this kit is still all futured up after decals) and no hard shadows you ******! :P

The other difference is the blue, which is a different, rougher cardboard, than yesterday. I thought I'd try it. I prefer the smoother one though.

Please note this picture has undergone zero editing and was taken on auto focus and auto settings, with no timer. I think this is an excellent start! One happy Piet here :D

I also bought my wife a French maid's uniform (2 sizes too small) and a pink duster, so tonight I'll be celebrating ;)

post-8-1141915465.jpg

Nice box, mate. Too bad you just can't copy - paste real life objects :D

On the side of lightning, If you can find some, try blue light bulbs, they look most natural. Or maybe try to add some blue screening. Unfortunately, I can't put up some pictures to show you the difference, as I can't scan slides here.

Guest LSP_Jay L

Any chances of some pics of the French maids outfit? :D :P ;)

Models nice and all...but...

Seriously though, energy saving bulbs are the best to use. Try them and see. Truuuuust me my Saffer brudda. One or two regular the rest energy saving.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Models nice and all...but...

Seriously though, energy saving bulbs are the best to use. Try them and see. Truuuuust me my Saffer brudda. One or two regular the rest energy saving.

Thanks Dude. I love you my friend, do you read anything I write? :lol:

PS. Package of goodies ships tomorrow. Had to hold back to get a bigger padded envelope! ;)

Guest LSP_Jay L

Oops! Missed that post! Thats what you get for simply clicking on "last post" instead of scrolling up. I blame it on the French maid outfit talk! :lol:

Cheers mate,

Jay

Oooooh :rolleyes: Nice photo box Piet. I can see myself getting organised to make one now as raw materials in my family are not hard to come by. ( ie Bower birds Class 1).

Oh...anyone who has 220/240V AC electrical supply and wants bits n pieces...drop Matty a line. My garage is like walking into a Bunnings. (e.g. I have an ammo tin full of starters for fluoro's) :rolleyes:

Do you guys ever use 'Daylight globes'?..they cast a much better light and reflect colour more accurately. Normal lights are so yellow.

thanks for the ideas Piet/Jay...all of them :rolleyes:

Hi Piet...first a big thanks for the decals that arrived. B) Champion.

Second...could you take another piccie of you photo box with the emphasis being on the position of the curtains and the lights. It almost looks as though the curtains are in front of the lights.

This is what I knocked up from old shelving this morning. I particularly enjoyed watching my 7 year old daughter take to my cordless and start drilling and driving in screws with great gusto...you go girl! :)

Cheers Matty

PS I figured my photos are highly in need of improvement...I'm somewhat camera limited but this might help. :huh:

post-8-1142649640.jpg

Hiya Matt.

I hunted down another of those Mirage Kits, so if you ever want another batch of those decals just yell.

The curtains are a light white material. I went to the material shop and bought three types, and tested them. The idea is to get it to let a lot of light through, but to diffuse it so that the lights dont throw hard shadows below the model.

Here is apicture to explain the diffusion.

post-8-1142684080.jpg

Here is the box with lights off. I attached the material with claps, so I can reposition it later. I want to build a roof over the box sometime, so I can have more storage space :) . Then I'll reposition the curtains.

post-8-1142684259.jpg