The End of Hard Shots

PietvWdV

Hi Guys!

I recently was invited by a dear ****** of a mate to please start taking some better photos :lol:

One important step is to build an environment where you can control the light, background, etc.

If you life overseas and you are bazillionare, this means buying a soft-box, some studio-lights and an undewear-less French hoar to dust it for you.

But I live in Africa and I don't speak French. So we collect all old off-cut pieces of wood, some garden variety light fittings and a bit of glue and screwing, and voilà!

Here it is at the stage of testing the fittings. Those light bulbs will be replaced with spots and daylights tomorrow.

You can see there are 4 fittings on each side. Turning off an individual light will be a simple turn of the bulb away. Also see the "feet" pillars of the base, which will be used to lift the platform a bit, allowing light to approach from below as well, and enables upward angled shots.

I deliberately chose white sideboards for their reflective properties. Tomorrow we will go get some material "curtains" for diffusion.

(Thank you John Reid for letting me poke a bit of fun at your topic on Dioramas "in the works" :lol: )

post-8-1141838862.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

You will need some diffusion for your lights as well Piet. That will help get rid of the glare and the hard shadows that are visible in that picture.

Cheers mate,

Jay

You will need some diffusion for your lights as well Piet. That will help get rid of the glare and the hard shadows that are visible in that picture.

Cheers mate,

Jay

So tomorrow we will be fitting the light bulbs, and installing the "soft box" curtains 

:lol:

Guest LSP_Jay L

Cheers mate,

Jay

So tomorrow we will be fitting the light bulbs, and installing the "soft box" curtains 

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: