And another cottage industry is closing the doors...

thierry laurent

I bought a Lightning T.5 set about six years ago but missed out on the Lightning nose rings. Of course, Trumpeter has seemingly withdrawn the Lightning kits and that's even more troubling, as the AM is disappearing with it (e.g. this stuff, and the Xtradecals data sheet).

Fortunately Aerocraft is making resin F canopies with revisions that will make it a bit more accurate. Don't know if Iain's still planning anything. I was interested in some less "pregnant" belly tanks. And ResKit has been busy as well. 

Tony

On 2/12/2022 at 11:34 AM, thierry laurent said:

Reskit also released incredible exhausts.

Am interested in these but need to know how well they fit before buying two sets. 

I have an Aires jetpipe set for my forever-in-progress T.55 and it requires restoring the kit rear end to the correct shape to make it fit, which means wafer thin in some places (top and bottom of the hourglass) and back-filled to the Aires part in others (the pinched-in waist). I'd rather have two drop-in sets for the F.3 and F.6. 

Tony  

Edited by Tony T
correction

Hi Tony 

I have both and it looks Reskit made a better even if less accurate job from that specific rear end width perspective. So I will finally use the Aires set on the Echelon kit and keep the Reskit for a future Trumpeter kit. Reskit is nonetheless giving the full length of the rear chambers of the exhaust. Aires does not but I doubt it is actually possible to see any difference.

Hth 

Thierry

On 2/13/2022 at 10:29 PM, thierry laurent said:

Hi Tony 

I have both and it looks Reskit made a better even if less accurate job from that specific rear end width perspective. So I will finally use the Aires set on the Echelon kit and keep the Reskit for a future Trumpeter kit. Reskit is nonetheless giving the full length of the rear chambers of the exhaust. Aires does not but I doubt it is actually possible to see any difference.

Hth 

Thierry

given the problems with the rear fuselage, we tried very hard to make a more correct and beautiful kit 
@Reskit