Das Werk 1/16 Sturmgeshutz III ( STUG III )

Uncarina

20 minutes ago, Finn said:

I'm guessing the Mono Chrome StuG may be the Trumpeter one without interior parts. They have released a few Trumpeter kits, among others, under their own label.

Jari

I'd say not, as the Trumpeter kit hasn't even been released yet, as far as I know, and I have been checking.

Mono Chrome has a number of kits but most look to be copies of other makers:

https://www.scalemates.com/brands/monochrome--782

Since only CADs of the StuG are shown maybe they got a hold of the Trumpeter CADs? We'll have to wait until Nov, according to the 1999 link, when the Mono Chrome one will be released.

Jari

39 minutes ago, TankBuster said:

Looks like the monotone one has the treadplate on the guards witch puts it ahead of the das werk in my book. cheers.

Do you mean on the fenders/mudguards? Because its there, if you look on the Das Werk sit at the pics they provide, you can see it:

https://www.das-werk-models.com/products/stug-iii-ausf-g-early/

image.jpg

7 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

The Andy’s Hobby video of the various sprues/runners reveal that ammunition or the racks are not included.  How visible are these inside the real vehicle through the hatch?

I believe all the ammo was stored in the right front sponson, to the right of the main gun, well forward. You would be able to see this if you look forward into the hatch, but its not like it would be noticeable if you were just casually looking straight down into the hatch. I'm thinking it would be pretty easy to scratch some racks with shell bases, at least enough to give the impression of the shells being in the racks.

dscn5557.jpg

Edited by eoyguy