Q on NCF decals...

LSP_Ray

I am curious about this new system.

I assume these are not the same as the peel away carrier film type. So is the decal just the ink? And it is tough enough to transfer to the model, with adhesive just under the ink? Neat trick if so.

ill have to try some. Sure would be the thing for NMF aircraft.

On 2/3/2021 at 5:17 PM, LSP_Ray said:

I am curious about this new system.

I assume these are not the same as the peel away carrier film type. So is the decal just the ink? And it is tough enough to transfer to the model, with adhesive just under the ink? Neat trick if so.

ill have to try some. Sure would be the thing for NMF aircraft.

No, they are not Wet Transfers like HGW sells. Same basic concept, but without the peel away film which limits the process to single objects like national insignias and the like. My primary market for them at the moment is U.S. military vehicles, but I'm working on some aircraft ideas too.

• 6 months later...
On 2/6/2021 at 12:16 PM, Archer Fine Transfers said:

No, they are not Wet Transfers like HGW sells. Same basic concept, but without the peel away film which limits the process to single objects like national insignias and the like. My primary market for them at the moment is U.S. military vehicles, but I'm working on some aircraft ideas too.

hi,

i've just stumbled across these and am very interested

nearly all my air subjects are determined by whether HGW makes wet transfers for them so this may broaden my horizons!

stencil data, bomb / kill markings would all be very good fits for this if the technology allows - even if you avoid silvering, there is still the ridge of the decal film to contend with so I'd be very interested to see what you have / what your plans are

kind regards

Nick

9 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

stencil data, bomb / kill markings would all be very good fits for this if the technology allows - even if you avoid silvering, there is still the ridge of the decal film to contend with so I'd be very interested to see what you have / what your plans are

Nick, The NCF stuff is great for some things, but quite limited otherwise. When it comes to aircraft subjects HGW does such a great job with their wet transfers for stencil data that there's no point in us jumping into this market, and then there's a million decal sheets of the highest quality and the growing use of painting insignias to compete with. Frankly, the market for aircraft is saturated and with my limited time I'm concentrating on things we do well in a more open market, namely our line of Fabric Texture uniform patches. 

I'll be 75 in December and slowing down; concentrating on releasing things I enjoy doing and can do well.  I'll leave the future of innovation in aftermarket to the young bucks (like I was 30 years ago) with their enthusiasm and drive. I'm happy with Archer on semi-auto-pilot while I return to my first love - building 1/32 and enjoying the incredible new innovations available to us today.

Woody