Difference Trumpeter Su-30MKK Flanker G vs Trumpeter Su-27UB Flanker C

Jack

Yes, all are correct.

- Internal cockpit differences, but no differing cockpit kits are available.

- Different shaped vertical tails with the SU-30 having the taller flat tailed tops, and the SU-27 has the slanted top tails

- IRST ball goes from more center on the SU-30 MKK, to offset on the SU-27 UB

- SU-30 MKK has a dual nose wheel and some different shapes to the nose gear well, while the SU-27UB has a standard nose well and a single nose wheel.

Beyond that, I dont think there are many other differences, but a Flanker SME make correct me.

14 hours ago, 32scalelover said:

Did they come off ok?  I saw a post where it said the adhesive was so strong that it pulled the paint off including the primer.  Did you get them on Ebay or somewhere else?

Thanks,

Greg

I had no problems with the mask and the paint

Not pulled the paint off

I have bought them try ebay

Mark

My quick input on this since I've been researching it a little (but am by no means an expert so stand to correction):

The tandem Flanker two-seaters can be generally categorized like this in Russian service:

Su-27UB: Tandem seater that is about the same as the baseline S-27 except for the tandem cockpit. Available as the namesake Trumpeter kit.

Su-30M2: Tandom seater with two wheels at the front and enlarged wheel well, tall tail. Seems to be used as a "combat trainer" in Russia and I have only ever seen the (Russian) Su-30M2 loaded with A/A ordnance. Seems to be the same jet as the Su-30MKK flown by China, Uganda, Venezuela, Indonesia. Available as the Trumpeter Su-30MKK Flanker G kit.

Su-30SM: Tandem seater but with two wheels at the front and enlarged wheel well, canards, but regular tail. Additional pylon on wing. These have seen a lot of action in Russian service and there are loads of pics on the internet showing these with A/G ordnance. No 1/32 kit available... so wish Trumpeter would produce this using new tooling for wings and body up to their present engraving standard.

Cheers,

Marcel