Any way to get Colorcoats Paint in the US?

John1

Title says it all.  Looks like their current dealer is moving on and only has a limited number of colors in stock.  They are in the process of getting another dealer on line but not sure when/if ever that will occur.    Any other way to obtain these paints in the US?  

2 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Do you mean White Ensign Colourcoats? Sprue Brothers stock it. I'm not being pedantic, but if you Google with the correct spelling, and put it in quotation marks, you might get more results. 

Appreciate the help.  I was aware of SB, only issue is that they don’t have any RAF paint in stock.    I won’t need the paint for another month, hopefully they’ll get their new distributor stocked up by then, otherwise I’ll have to go with another brand.  

Maybe if you email and ask them when they'll next have it in stock? You probably know it's available in the UK, but no one now ships overseas, I recall Eli of Zotz having the same problem years ago. 

1 minute ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought WEC was sold and is now Sovereign Colourcoats?

Yep you're right, when I googled Colourcoats it came up with White Ensign first, Sovereign after. 

5 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Hmm... let's see:

1.  Canoe (probably too slow)

2.  Truck (probably not practical given all the water)

3.  Transporter (make it so!)

4.  Sub-orbital rocket, although the math would be hard...

5.  Ocean liner.  Oh wait, we don't have those anymore...

6.  Nuclear submarine?  I see very few down sides there, but getting them to do it might be tough :)

7.  A **HYUOOOGE** trebuchet (probably not really practical)

8.  Carrier pigeons?  Maybe one or two tins at a time.

:)

I’m partial to suggestion 7 for what it’s worth.  Siege engines have always been my preferred way of receiving paint.  

Edited by John1

10 minutes ago, europapete said:

I am looking for the new Royal Navy range. H&B don't have any. Regards, Pete in RI

I thought I saw some RN paints on the Sprue Brother's site.   I'm not up to speed on this subject but it seemed that they had some available.   

From a thread over on Brit Modeler, it seems that they are progressing slowly with getting the full range of paints to their new distributor here in the US.   Fun fact, it seems that the owner, with some occasional help,  personally fills each little tinlet with paint!   Hoping he gets some additional assistance, I really want to use their paints on my Mosquito project.   If anyone out there in the US has a few cans of Extra Dark Sea Grey that they can part with with, PM me!