Testors FS 36622 Camoflage Gray

Since Testors stopped making this color and I still need it for my F-100D build, what brand are you guys using?  I use an Iwata airbrush and mainly use Testors Model Master and Tamiya paints.  I am looking for something similar to the way these paint behave.

Greg

20 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

MRP 100%.  And lighten your 36622 to the point that it's almost white.  About 90% of models I see with that color on them are far too dark.  The real thing is a **very** pale grey.

Seems like someone with a good eye (hint, hint) could come up with a good bench made formula.  10 drops of white to 2 drops black, etc....  I see some builder mixing colors using nothing but Tamiya acrylics.  I’ll never achieve this skill, couldn’t accomplish it when I was in the auto body profession and gave up being a painter because of it.  I stuck to body work.  

46 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

Agree that MRP is great, but lacquer does require a vented paint booth and respirator.  How about some acrylic options?

Thanks!

Chris

Yes I was hoping to stay with acrylic as I don't have a good place to shoot lacquer.

Greg

MrHobby is an aquaeous acrylic, but the recommended thinner is still MrColor Self-Levelling thinner.  The "aquaeous" part means you can clean your brushes in water, but if you smell the bottle of paint, it doesn't smell of water - it is an alcohol base.  Isopropyl alcohol is a good solvent for cleaning the brushes too.  Even though a paint is "acrylic", it doesn't mean it's good to suck the paint particles into your lungs.  Use a face mask and open a window to vent the fumes, and then it doesn't really matter what paint you're airbrushing IMO.