Spitfire! The movie...

Mark P

On 11/11/2019 at 5:45 PM, MikeC said:

Do you mean First of the Few?  Lesley Howard & Rosamund John as well as the great David Niven.  An excellent film imo, albeit fictionalised in places.

On 11/11/2019 at 10:36 PM, LSP_K2 said:

Yep, that's the one. I remembered it as being quite good, haven't seen it in years now though.

I'm watching this now on Netflix.

Not 10 minutes into it and they are just now mentioning "First of the Few" !!!

I can already see this is a really well done piece and anyone here will enjoy it if you can see it.

I notice restrictions on NETFLIX living in Singapore.  

I just did a search on Netflix and the title does appears, however I can’t view the movie.  I’m currently in India so there are restrictions in particular countries imposed by Netflix.  Bummer.

Troy. 

Netflix obtains licensing agreements for films and programs that are region and/or country based. So for example there are programs available in the US that Canada doesn't receive and vice versa. 

A few years ago, the disparity between Canadian and US Netflix was so bad, people in Canada were using VPNs and proxy servers  to get around the regional restrictions and watch shows not otherwise available here.  

So hopefully it shows up where you are as it's a great film to watch.  The BluRay was a real pain to get a copy of. 

Carl