REVELL Me262 "Nightfighter"

Chris/Germany

I don't mean to overload the site but there is some beautiful work up today. Chris, the scratchbuilding is excellent...so clean.Will you use decals for the instruments? Also your photos are always so clear. What type of camera do you use?

Thanx mates!
bsarnoffca: the instrument panel is a Jerry Rutman resin-part, think I'll have to paint the instruments by hand with a 5/0 brush......
the photos....clear?.....hm, dont really think so! Unfortunately always some sharpeness gets lost when I resize the pics. Camera is an Eye-Q, 3-Megapixels, 3step optical zoom. I shoot the pics with the highest resolution of the camera and resize them to 800x600 with Irfan-view.
Thanx again,

cheers

the ripper

Thanx Mr.Sherland!........I know the MDC stuff but its the same with every new build you do and you need a single or some special parts......its not in your stock! wink.gif
Because I'm not willing to order now and wait till they arrive ( workflow) I decided to scratch the instrument panel too.......copying some instruments, print them out, bezels done from copper-wire......ohh I love scratchbuilding laugh.giflaugh.gif
cheers mates

Chris "the ripper"

hm,bsarnoffca.............I'm nearly sure youll have to wait a bit 'till she's in her final "clothes"......after mating the fuselage halfes and filling some "monster" gaps ( did I mention that I love those old REVELLs laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif ) the hardest part needs to be done: scratching complete set of flaps/slats.
Ohh....and the landing gears need to be scratched too.........
So...no serious thinking 'bout the paint scheme these days..... wink.gif
cheers

Chris

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Chris;

spectacular job mate. Looking awesome so far. Sounds like there is alot of work to be done yet. I'll be looking forward to this as it comes.

Cheers mate,

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Hy mates, short update...although I'm busy with the job ( thanx god biz seems running good these days wink.gif ) I managed a bit of work at the "lady"......man, what a sweating it was to give her a full set of flaps wink.gif ...here there are:
Landing flaps made from a small balsa-core, covered with aluminium

post-4-1139265575.jpg

last pic:.....fuselage framing is also done.......aluminium, what else :D

next steps will be a bit detailing of the wheel wells and preparing the windscreen( adding the armour glass inside)

enjoy

cheers

Chris "the ripper"

post-4-1139266075.jpg