F-4S strengthening strap questions

gunpowder

Why not using the cheap GT one? If you absolutely want to do one yourself, use the thinnest plastic sheet, than glue it with a glue without plastic solvent and use very thin plastic glue against the edge. Out of my memory, the Reid Air book had good views of a F-4G belly with that reinforcing strip and regarding the S the DACO one is very probably the best source. I found a Japanese plan on the web showing it some weeks ago. I will try to find the url again. 

Hth

Thierry 

Having done an F-4S, I would recommend using the above drawing, scaling it to the relevant dimension (you can use the tip to tip measurement as a reference) and then using that as a template to cut the strap out of plastic card. 

Getting such a large and very thin resin part to locate perfectly and without breaking it is a challenge, at least for me.

Cheers,

Marcel

8 hours ago, Marcel111 said:

Having done an F-4S, I would recommend using the above drawing, scaling it to the relevant dimension (you can use the tip to tip measurement as a reference) and then using that as a template to cut the strap out of plastic card. 

Getting such a large and very thin resin part to locate perfectly and without breaking it is a challenge, at least for me.

Cheers,

Marcel

Not a problem as far as you do not use CA glue to position it. I would use diluted white glue or Klear to position it and secure it with some very thin CA glue running against its edge. 

The "S" has more bracing than just the belly strap,  and the strap has some very large fasteners as attachments.  The GT Resin F-4S set contains the strap, slates, Slatted outer wings, Retracted inner wing slats, and various sensors, and everything you need to convert the "J" into an "S".  Here is a link showing what all you get.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/gtr32058.htm

let me know if you have any question.