Sopwith Dolphin WnW

scvrobeson

20 hours ago, ModelCellar said:

Matt,

That's really nice.  I especially like the shading, weathering, and the oil stains.  Excellent build

Paul

Thank you very much Paul!  Wanted it to look heavily used

Matt 

6 hours ago, rjones726 said:

That is great to hear Matt. I am working on a camel and I plan on using Mr Paint as well. I wasn't sure I'd like it but after seeing your Dolphin all is well :)

v/r,

Rob

They really are nice to use. They do have a bit of a learning curve being so thin out of the bottle, but that also means you can create different effects with them.  Mr Paint was also used for the PC10 on the underside

Matt 

3 hours ago, Uncarina said:

Welcome back, and an impressive return! You’ve brought this kit to life with the weathering and scheme. I always had a fascination with this aircraft and yours is one of the best I’ve seen. A very minor suugestion would be to add some weathering to the lower rigging to match the rest of the aircraft. Again, splendid work!

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks Tom!  Feels good to be back with LSP, it's been awhile.

That's a good suggestion about the lower rigging, I'll add some splashes and mud for down there.  Hadn't even thought about it, but you are correct.

Matt 

On 8/9/2018 at 11:27 AM, D.B. Andrus said:

Looks like you pulled a real one off the aerodrome, Matt. Beautiful work!

Cheers, D.B.

Thanks D.B.  That's what I was aiming for.  Being a home defense nightfighter, I figure that it wasn't always cleaned up and polished after missions, so would get pretty scrappy

Matt 

On 8/11/2018 at 2:27 AM, ringleheim said:

Wow, looks great!  Love the details, the weathering, the rigging...

Just very nice all around.

:clap2:

Thank you very much.  The rigging was definitely time consuming.  First time I've worked with the Prym thread, seems to be a lot more forgiving than EZ Line

Matt 

On 8/11/2018 at 11:11 PM, LSP_Ray said:

That turned out great, Matt! I love the subtle shading of the fabric along the ribs and the weathering. Beautiful.

:goodjob:

Thanks very much Ray!  The shading on the ribs was incredibly time consuming, but I'm glad it looks good.  Went through about an entire roll of 2mm tape

Matt