Last P 47M question, which prop from the Hasegawa kit is correct? Than

oyoy5

Well the best gear box I've seen. Are the two that come with the after market resin pw 2800 engine from tenixes think I spelled that wrong lol

What do you all think of the Vector R2800 (late)? The product label lists the P-47 M variant.

Rick

Edit: oops.... Ignore this. This was covered earlier in the thread.

Edited by Rick Griewski

Guest Airfixer

About the HS propeller on P47D22/25/27 , diameter was 13' 1" 7/8, not 13'7/8"

You're right, of course.

Note to self:

Need new glasses...

• 1 year later...

Nice... I'll be in for two when they're available.  Now, can you create the R-2800C prop reduction gearcase indicative of the P-47M with the correct magneto/distributor setup for the R-2800 C series engine (along with your prop, necessary for those who want to model a P-47M but only have the P-47D kit)?  For that matter, what about a correct R-2800 B series prop reduction gearcase with the correct GE "turtleback" ignition system that would correct the abomination Hasegawa provides in their P-47D kits?

If you're up for it, I've got the information and parts to help get it done.

Edited by Juggernut

2 hours ago, Juggernut said:

For that matter, what about a correct R-2800 B series prop reduction gearcase with the correct GE "turtleback" ignition system that would correct the abomination Hasegawa provides in their P-47D kits?

If you're up for it, I've got the information and parts to help get it done.

I really like the Hasegawa D kit, but it drives me a little crazy how wrong the distributors/magnetos are for that production block, not to mention the prop governor and gear reduction case. One can always spring for the Vector engine but it's pretty pricey and a bit of detail overkill unless you want to open up the cowling panels, in my opinion. Considering it's nigh on impossible getting my mitts on the Hasegawa M kit these days (which apparently have the correct B-series engine, although I've never actually seen it IRL) I'd be in for at least 3-4 sets if you make this happen, Harold.

Does anyone know if Hasegawa have discontinued the M kit? Or even if it'd be possible to order M overtrees/sprues with the correct parts from Hasegawa to make a B-series engine for the D kit?

Still got fingers & toes crossed for that new manscale Jug from Tamiya-San next month in Shizuoka, though!

I have the molds completed for the N/M props...PM me for more info.

I also did the props for the P-61 kit, the P-47 C2721200 prop in the drawing is identical.

So, here is what I have for the N: diamond and lozenge style tread/wheels, and the prop blades.