1/32 Tomcat refuelling set

Anthony in NZ

Hi guys

Just stumbled across this on ebay....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DMU-Model-1-32-F-14-Ground-Refueling-Gun-conversion-kit-resin-/311604366904?hash=item488d114e38:g:nCwAAOSwRH5XJ2NA

May be old news, but I thought it was quite cool and worth letting you guys know about, I wonder what else they do?

Cheers

Anthony

thanks for sharing... but where is the refueling machinery to connect the silicone tube to? Some brands do it in aftermarket?

You mean on the other end? Since it's Navy/F-14 assumption is it's for a carrier deck dio, where the fuel connector would be off the deck's edge/walkway. I figure the intent of this set is to have the silicone tube just ending at the flight deck dio's edge chopped off/sectioned implying the fuel line continued on beyond the base to the deck's edge. That's my take on it at least, correct or not!

Does look like a nice set. Would be nice to see it expanded to other aircraft.

Edited by ziggyfoos

You mean on the other end?

yep! any pics where we can see the other end of the fuel connector in a real carrier deck? thanks

I figure the intent of this set is to have the silicone tube just ending at the flight deck dio's edge chopped off/sectioned implying the fuel line continued on beyond the base to the deck's edge.

you're right I think but maybe it is more attractive to show the other end of the tube, too... rather than a piece of pipe with nothing at the other end (even if it ends out of the diorama)

Edited by Luca

yep! any pics where we can see the other end of the fuel connector in a real carrier deck? thanks

you're right I think but maybe it is more attractive to show the other end of the tube, too... rather than a piece of pipe with nothing at the other end (even if it ends out of the diorama)

Like I said though it goes to the edge of the deck, you'd need to replicate part of the carrier itself just to show the other end.

1997_9_10_military_d.jpg