aftermarket DB-605 1:24?

Menelaos

Say folks, due to my ...no time at all for searching, is there any aftermarket kit for the late DB-605 (Me-109G10) 1:24 (for trumpi kit)?

many TNX for any feedback

Edited by Menelaos

Kev;

The 1/24 aftermarket landscape is very flat and featureless unfortunately!  :crying:

Not aware of an aftermarket DB605 I'm afraid. There are so many kits crying out for some nice aftermarket, especially the old Airfix Superkits. But 1/24 is such a niche market apparently, that it's not worth catering for. If I had the skills, I would certainly give it a go...cockpit sets, undercarriage bay sets, wheels etc...

Although we do have those lovely instrument panels from Peter now! :punk: 

Best regards;

Steve 

The trumpeter engine is not that bad in the 1/32 kits.  Do they include the engine in the 1/24?  Might be able to use the base engine as a start and scratch build out?  

I have had my eyes on this:

http://www.hphmodels.cz/index.php/en/shop-2/produkty-hph-models/lang-cz-modely-v-meritku-1-18-lang-lang-en-models-in-scale-1-18-lang/engine-bf-109g-6-db-605-in-scale-1-18-detail

Paul C 

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I just purchased an Airfix 1/24 BF 109 E kit. I'm planning to detail the Daimler Benz 601A engine and having it exposed on the model. I'm ordering Luftfahrt-Archiv documents to glean info from in order to super detail the components. If any one is interested in this project please reply back.

Regards,

Mike