B-25 Biafra

ZachP319

Does anyone have images of the Biafran B-25's? From what I can find there were two in service with the Biafran Air Force and the operated briefly with the Biafran B-26 Invaders. I can however find no images or even profiles. Were they J's and if so glazed or strafer noses?

I have the HK glazed nose kit and would love to do a Biafran B-25 if I can but I can't even find images to judge the feasibility of the idea....

Zach

Now this is an esoteric subject!

I've had a look and can't find anything yet - but I do remember seeing a fairly solid book a few years ago on the Biafran Air War - will do some Googling and see if I can find (of course, it may just be my two remaining brain cells on the blink again...).

EDIT: Not going quite as senile as I thought - found it straight away - no guarantees it has anything on the B-25s - but may be a start?

5173BT13WCL._SX349_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Shadows: Airlift and Airwar in Biafra and Nigeria 1967-1970

Iain

Coastal part of Nigeria that tried to depart at the end of the sixties, what started a civil war with the central gouvernment... Nasty story. Google Biafra child for the humanitarian aspects.

Airforce wise the Biafrans used Invaders and Texans, later supported by swedish "Mini-COINs", while the central power featured Mig-17s, Il-28s and other stuff. The gouvernment even damaged a DC-6 and shot down a DC-7 of the Red Cross delivering food for the starving population. To go much more esoteric: The Biafrans aqquired four Meteor NF.14 aircraft to fight the night attacks of the Nigerian Air forces againtst the supply delivery, but the Meteors were never delivered to Biafra...

@LSP_Ron

I am building a Biafran Texan at the moment. See the WIP thread.

Regards

- dutik

Zach,

The two B25s involved were N9868C and N8013.

http://www.warbirdregistry.org/b25registry/b25-4429919.html

Glass nose

http://www.warbirdregistry.org/b25registry/b25-4431491.html

solid nose

The book "Shadows" has one small photo of N9868C before if left for Africa and a poor photo copy of the nose of N8013. Nine pages of profiles, but no B-25s.

book added to the Reference Database