1/24 aircraft future releases??

Sgt Shultz II

We all have our specific wants but when it comes to Airfix in particular you can pretty much assume it will only be a British subject.

The only other mainstream 1:24 players at present seem to be Kinetic and Trumpeter with the latter appearing to be going cold as they have announced kits that have been glacial in arriving if at all in the scale.

Speaking hypothetically, and of Airfix in particular, I wouldn't want to second guess a possible new subject in 1/24. If it were a British prop subject, then a Defiant or Gladiator would be interesting, a new mark of Spitfire would be pretty amazing considering Airfix's current quality or maybe another twin...Blenheim?

Personally, I think I would like to see them tackle their second US subject, but something with multi-national use such as the P-40E, Corsair or Hellcat for example. Any of those, I'm sure, would sell by the bucket load.

If it were a jet, I've no idea to be honest. It would probably have to be something classic.

Best regards;

Steve

Do you guys think we will see the F-16/F-15/F/A-18 and so on in 1/24 in the future? I know Merit got some jetfighter ac in 1/18. But what do you think? Will 1/32 still be the most usual scale for us bigscale modelers?

Edited by RNoAF

talking about Airfix and only brit ac, then I could expect the Beaufighter as a future 1:24. The Beau has round about the same dimentions as the Mosquito, so why not. It's a legend that won many battles in the WWII.

Edited by Menelaos

I would lay money on a Defiant being the next aircraft in 1:24, The reason might be that it sort of completes the BOB run of aircraft, also the Defiant was pulled apart and restored again for the RAF museum by MAPS in Rochester a few years ago so there's probably more images and drawings available only up the road from Margate.

A Beaufighter would be very nice..along with a Blenheim to park next to it.  :thumbsup:

Regards;

Steve

Count me in on both.

I have vowed to go to Telford this year even though it's a four hour round. So might hear first hand.....