RAF Tonka

Lancman

I'm also following this with quite some interest, as this one is the next on my list, I'm just waiting for the right decals to come. Amazing, that there is not a single set of decals for a german navy Tornado around ;)

Unfortunately not, 43+93 was a Luftwaffe aircraft. Let's see, I still have a Hasegawa-Starfighter-sheet here, I surely can canabalize the one or other item from this ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update on the Tonka, I am managing to squeeze in a little modelling in between running my kids everywhere during their school summer holidays (only 4 and 1/2 weeks to go). The pictures show the tabs that you need to fit at the rear fuselage as the top part of the kit is a little narrow at the rear end, also I have fitted the Paragon wing seals which need some plastic cut away to make them fit plus a couple of tabs behind them and there are some holes drilled in the airbrake housing. The final picture shows the top half resting on the bottom part to show the paragon parts in situe and avoid the see thru effect.

Tornadobody1.JPG

Tornadobody2.JPG

Tornadobody3.JPG

Cheers

Graham.

• 1 month later...

Well schools back :D :lol: and now I can start modelling again :P , here is the Tonka as she is now. Load of problems fitting the front and back together as it seems all the resin slightly twisted it the cockpit out of shape and I broke off those bloody tail fins :blink: . These have now been refitted with metal pins and seem much better and now she is looking like a Tornado, loads of rescribing to do :lol: as a lot of the panel lines are very faint or don't exist at all around the intakes and back towards the tail. The rear intake doors are missing as well as anything on top of the intakes but with Scotsmans and Dondy's over on ARC Tonka's I have plenty of detail shots of the Flightpath parts for the top of the intakes :lol:

Tornado21.JPG

Tornado22.JPG

Tornado23.JPG

Tornado24.JPG

Hope you like them.

Cheers

Graham.

Looking good Graham,

Its good to see what is required in order to make the OOB kit fit properly. I'd never really thought of the wing seals but since you put them on...I just can't imagine building a Tornado without them. Looks like you're almost ready to start warming up the airbrush. <_< It one tough looking plane I reckon...a brute.

Cheers Matt

Well I am now at my pet hate stage in modelling, SCRIBING :( no matter how I try I am never completely satisfied with the way it turns out. Here I have scribed some detail on the top of the intakes and although not perfect I have decided it will do, not sure yet as to add the rivets or not as I am unsure if they will make much difference. I still need to scribe the back door on the sides of the intakes just under the wing and I am really not looking forward to that :D but who knows maybe one day I will get better at doing this.

Tornadointakes.JPG

Cheers

Graham.

Here are a couple more pictures, I managed to scribe the intake doors by holding the model vertically with the fuselage resting on the edge of the table and leaning over and around the wing to scribe it. The other one is to make the cockpit sill bigger using 10 thou strip as the kit cockpit is too wide.

intakedoors.JPG

Tornadosills.JPG

Graham.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I started on the bang seats, these are the Paragon seats kindly supplied by our man Jay. Sorry for the poor quaity of pictures as these were the best I could get,but they sure bring the model to lfe when posed in the cockpit. If you haven't got these then do as they are superb.

Seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

seat3.jpg

Graham.